I wanted to tell everyone that I signed up with this company. I was under the impression the leads were exclusive but received a phone call today from one of the leads asking that I and the other agents from HR3648 stop sending him marketing materials. When I asked how many others he received he replied, 6 in the last month. 

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hope you didnt pay anything for signing up!

I did, you can't expect to get the leads for free. I was wondering if anyone else has delt with them and if they had the same results. It is possible the guy was just trying to annoy me.

Ed, quite the contrary. You can and should get leads for free.  If you concentrate of the people that you know and work on getting referrals from them, you would essentially get leads for free.  Imagine if you had 100 people that you stay in constant contact with and only 1/2 of them referred one person to you in a year, what would your business look like.   I know this is off topic a bit.   Never ever pay for a lead, pay a referral fee for a lead but never pay for a lead because like you found out, most are simply a waste of money.

Once our team realized that we were able to work with the people that we know and get alot of referrals, our marketing budget went to nearly zero.  Past clients, especially those that you have helped with a short sale, should be your biggest fans.  Stay in touch and ask them who they know that could benefit from your services.

Please read 7 levels of communication by Michael Maher, it can change the way you look at lead generation

Thanks for the info I will check it out.

Ed. Personally I would never sign up with or do business with an organization that has a website made to look like it is government sanctioned. It seems deceitful to me.

Bryant, along with that, I will NEVER pay a service like this for leads.  An agent should be able to generate their own leads thru their sphere of influence and the people that they know to start with.  NEVER EVER pay for leads like this.  If the company is legit, they will accept a referral fee at closing, most that are NOT legit want to charge per lead or per month because they know that the leads stink

Bummer.  I wish you had read this thread before you signed up.

http://shortsalesuperstars.com/forum/topics/program-3648 

Maybe in the beginning they were good. But I expected the leads to be exclusive as the agreement states and they obviously aren't. 

I didn't just jump in without checking these guys out. They came referred from a friend who had a couple of replies from the first mailing. She is in Riverside County I am in Orange County I have a lot more competition than she does.

Hey Ed, we have all been there.  Remember some of those getmyhomesvalue.com and housevalues.com that all wanted to sell us leads?  There was another company that was trying to sell me their exclusive territory when I knew an agent in my office was already paying for it, I put them on speakerphone that that agents office while they were trying to sell me exclusive leads :)

A few of these might work out occasionally but I would guess that their business plan is to get as many agents as they can to purchase "exclusive territorties" and they don't really care about sending you leads.

My thought is that you can generate leads the same way they do

I do remember those companies they  tried to get me to sign up too. This is the first time I have signed up with any of these companies. The reason I did is I tried to buy leads from Experian about 18 months ago I was looking for people between 60 and 120 days late. I wanted to get to them before they were to pre-foreclosure and became public record. I was unable because of the new laws created by the mortgage debacle.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************