If you were stationed at Eglin Air Force Base, Hurlburt Field or Duke Field, were PCSd and need to sell, your HAP option is about over.
You must act NOW if you think you qualify for the program, to avoid VA Compromise Sale
, short sale
or foreclosure, or to recoup funds if you don’t have a mortgage. The programs ends on September 30, 2012.
1. HAP is the military Homeowner Assistance Program
that was expanded to help not only BRAC affected service members, but those with PCS (Permanent Change of Station) orders
2. Your orders must have been between For PCSing service members, PCS orders must be dated between February 1, 2006, and September 30, 2010.
3. You must have purchased or entered into a contract to buy your primary residence prior to July 1, 2006.
4. You must have PCSd to a base more than 50 miles away
5. Your property value must have reduced more than 10%
Per 32 CFR Part 239 Direct Final Rule dated July 5, 2012 in the Federal Register, Expanded HAP applications must be filed no later than September 30, 2012 for military service members applying under the PCS and BRAC 2005 eligibility categories. Applications postmarked or deposited after September 30, 2012 will not be accepted.
Diane G. Hudson, US Army Corps of Engineers, Chief has responded to my email inquiry. Properties must either be SOLD or under contract by September 30, and the application is have been postmarked by that date, as well.
If you are an Eglin AFB or Hurlburt servicemember, or part of Duke or Whiting Field, act now. If you do not qualify for HAP, and need to sell your property in Fort Walton Beach, Crestview, Navarre, Niceville or Destin, you may still qualify for a VA Compromise Sale
or traditional short sale. This article will be updated when updates are available.
Email or call Wendy Rulnick firstname.lastname@example.org for details and assistance.