No $3000 HAFA credit to seller if Sale Date is less than 60 days out

I was told by my negotiator with Chase that if the sale date is less than 60 days out then the Seller no longer qualifies for the $3000 HAFA credit.  Does anyone know where I can find more in formation on this?

Any creative ideas are much appreciated as my seller is counting on this money for moving expenses.

Thank you very much!

Views: 118

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Alisa, seems like I've had this happen as well, but I can't remember which file or the results.  Maybe try contacting the HAMP Solution Center and see what they say?  Good luck!   866-939-4469  Email:  [email protected]

Is it Fannie or Freddie? 

I've had the same occur with this lender.  You may think about asking them to give you a "Chase Relocation Incentive" instead of a HAFA relocation incentive.  If the homeowner is obliged to this (obviously deficiencies, etc would play a role in their decision).  At times, although a file may not be eligible for the HAFA payout, Chase will still give an incentive for moving provided you "plead" the case to the negotiator. I've had situations where they wouldn't pay the HAFA and I simply asked if we could re-word the funds as a Chase Relocation Incentive on the HUD.  I've had good luck with this.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************