Loss mit wanted $7,500...Recovery Dept is asking for $42,000!!

Hi guys,

I have been working on this short sale for some time now and we had full approval from both lien holders but the buyers loan fell through. The first is with ING($388K balance) and the 2nd is with Chase ($93,000). The offer we have is for $278K.2nd lien holder, Chase, while it was in loss mit was requesting 8% of the loan balance because it is a Freddie Mac 1st and after some fighting we were able to obtain that. The first buyers fell through and now we are going to the backup buyers. Got the approval from ING again, no problem...now Chase...holy S@$t! The file is in recovery now, and the negotiator, Patrick Johnson, starts out very friendly and saying "ok, I think we can work with that"...then goes to we need just a little more money and I will submit it...we muster up a total of $9,000 for him for lien release ONLY and he says he will submit it...he then comes back and says we did our valuation on the property (no BPO agent ever sent) and we think it is only worth $240K. The offer we have is for $278K. He says "lower the price to $240 and give us the difference...so we will take $25K for lien release and $42K for full settlement" I have an appraisal from the previous buyers for $270K (which was the contract amount) which I will provide but I don't see that changing much and having them accept $9K.

Has this joker lost his mind!! I am perplexed as to what to do next here. Should I expect to ever be able to get the recovery dept to cooperate?? Can I somehow get Freddie Mac involved in this? ANY advice you guys have on this would be appreciated.

Views: 70

Replies to This Discussion

I am beginning to think that Chase works in some strange nebula. The people involved in our short sale in progress have screamed at the sellers agent, told us they do not care if the home sells, do not return calls, change the amounts, and then say "you give us a figure" after giving an amount. Cannot tell if it is intentional, of if Chase has become a rudderless ship. Today I sent a request to the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, requesting intervention and guidance in circumventing the seemingly complete lack of rationality in working with Chase. Do not know if it is arrogance, ignorance or malfeasance.. The Executive Office assigned a negotiator, who says the negotiator and his supervisor have more power to conclude the file, and that the EO has no control. Wow, first company I have ever had where the EO admits it so freely!
Call these 2 numbers and tell them about teh BS.....

Executive Resolution Group for Chase, 866-605-9253

Executive Office For Chase - 888-310-7995

if you are pushy, get the Supervisor invovled and threaten to report the non-sense to the OCC, OTS, and state attorney general, you will them them GREATLY change their tone.

Don't hate the negotiator, keep in mind, they are called "negotiators" for a reason.....they get paid to get as much cash as possible from you, the Buyer and the Seller.
Hi Ben, has anyone thanked you lately for all you do for us? Thank you..and now...I am the buyers agent on the current messy one..the sellers agent finally gave up and turned the file over to her broker after the Chase negotiator screamed at her, told her not to escalate, that he would basically hold the file up forever .. this of course after she had escalated..and at my prodding contacted the Exec Office..who then told her to work with her negotiator and his supervisor..who also said she does not care if the file closes, or if it goes to foreclosure. Then all Chase parties began to stop returning calls. This makes so little sense, I finally e mailed the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.. mentioned above, and Voila! Friday a negotiator called the broker back! but, of course, she was at a Dr. appointment, did not answer,,,and when she returned his call...got the voice mail. The supervisor and negotiator have not given an e mail address..which is odd in itself, and without middle initials..cannot get in.
Victoria -- appreciate your appreciation.....and, nice work calling HUD.

Getting e-mails, though this IS a pain in the buttocks, try this if you have a first and last name and need middle initials:

Send an e-mail to yourself with a "cc" to:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

on through the alphabet....YES it is tedious and YES you will get 25 bad e-mails, BUT, you will also get one that works!!!!

Also for e-mails, try calling customer service, or the accounting department "on accident" and saying:

"Oh, I must have been sent to you on accident. I am trying to reach John Smith's supervisor. He is out of town and I REALLY need to ask him something about my short sale....do you happen to have his direct line or e-mail....."

MOST of the time they WILL give you this info. b/c they are not instructed NOT to give out this information.....it is admittedly a little dirty trick, BUT, end of the day, it works, and helps out your client!!!!

Also, have you tried reaching out to the Investor on this one?
Or, you can use this email generator app here

http://dianalangley.com/emailgenerator.php

that Dominique so generously share with us :o) It has worked wonderfully for us on many an occasion. Have fun!

Ben Benita said:
Victoria -- appreciate your appreciation.....and, nice work calling HUD.

Getting e-mails, though this IS a pain in the buttocks, try this if you have a first and last name and need middle initials:

Send an e-mail to yourself with a "cc" to:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

on through the alphabet....YES it is tedious and YES you will get 25 bad e-mails, BUT, you will also get one that works!!!!

Also for e-mails, try calling customer service, or the accounting department "on accident" and saying:

"Oh, I must have been sent to you on accident. I am trying to reach John Smith's supervisor. He is out of town and I REALLY need to ask him something about my short sale....do you happen to have his direct line or e-mail....."

MOST of the time they WILL give you this info. b/c they are not instructed NOT to give out this information.....it is admittedly a little dirty trick, BUT, end of the day, it works, and helps out your client!!!!

Also, have you tried reaching out to the Investor on this one?
very cool! thanks...I can't push for the investor, not authorized on the account..I have asked, but seller/agent said no. The buyers lender has asked also..still no. but the e mail trick is one for the memory stick! thanks!
whoa! just tried that escalotor link...way cool also!
Yes. Google Freddie Mac's main number. Call in and ask for an escalation.
without authorization, my hands are tied..I am not sellers agent..
So I tried the executive office and got a call back from someone who left a message saying I have to continue to deal with the negotiator on this one...well, he is the one who is giving me fits! Since the first is Freddie, dont they dictate what the 2nd can take in this instance? Is it maybe worth a call directly to them?
So time to finally wrap up what happened. It was a $93K lien held by Chase recovery who who finally came down from the $42K they wanted after a couple weeks of persistence. They finally settled on $12,000 with right to pursue for deficiency. ING only offered $7515 to them and the difference was come up from all parties involved. The sellers had absolutely no money and we had to make the deal work somehow. I dont think Chase was coming down further but we will never know. From what I am hearing they probably wont go after the DJ anyways. Recovery dept is a pain in the A$$ for sure but the deals can be worked. Thanks for all the help guys!!!

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************