That is right..  Wells has advised that the "Investor" (Freddie Mac) wants a FULL Payoff.  How many of you have seen this tactic before?

Good Morning,

I am the Negotiator assigned to this file. Based on the Investor values and requirements, the Investor is requiring that there be an offer high enough to pay this loan off in full. The net that Investor requires on this is at $244,000, which is requiring a full payoff instead of a short sale.

If there are any jr liens, then your short sale negotiations will be with the Jr. Lien only.

I will be closing this file out of short sale review as the investor is requiring that the borrower keep paying on the property as current, or that this loan be paid off in full.

This requirement of the investor is good through 05/30/13.

Thank you

Deborah S Johnston

Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.

Mortgage Loan Adjustor

Loss Mit-FHLMC Liquidation

MAC D3347-01K

...>>

[email protected] Please note that this email does not constitute an approval nor do any statements within it guarantee an approval of a short sale of the referenced property.

It is our mission to provide excellent customer service.

Please contact my manager directly with any feedback at [email protected]

Views: 552

Replies to This Discussion

I think the document you are referring to applies only to FHA short sales.

I suggest you contact Freddie Mac and ask them yourself.  I have found that WF does not tell the truth and they probably never contacted FM in the first place.  This has happened on two of my deals where they said "the investor wants..." when, in fact, the investor has never heard from WF.  WF used to be great to work with, but something has happened to them and they are more unrealistic or incompetent.  I have had one that has been going back and forth for 8 months where they said, "HUD rejected it because... HUD wants this..." when, after calling HUD directly, I find out that they have no correspondence or communication from WF on the file at all.  Not good.  So, I suggest you go directly to the investor.  It can't hurt.

I just had the same thing happen to me with Freddie Mac...the house is valued around $60,000 and I have a cash offer from a buyer willing to pay $80,000.  Freddie Mac (US Bank is the servicer) is requiring $157,000 as their net payoff, which is nearly the entire loan amount. 

I believe this is a strong arm tactic to bully the seller into continuing to make their monthly payment.  They apparently have different guidelines for performing assets than they do for non-performing assets and it should be a crime to make everybody jump through hoops because we believe they are acting in good faith, just to have them shut everything down at the eleventh hour.

I am making a call to my congressman tomorrow.

I have called and sent my congress people emails.  I have sent complete files with the seller's authorization.  It return I have always received the same thing...  "Bubkiss!!" 

Thanks to everyone for your responses.  I agree that Freddie and Fannie are a pain.  But in my experience, they have ALWAYS been a pain.  LoL!  They just find inventive ways to continue to be a pain.  I have been made aware that our seller did not miss her January and February payment as we were advised.  Soooo...  I have asked that the file be closed.  We will refire it in 30 to 45 days and see what happens.  I can say that I have completed a lot of short sales, but this is the first time a seller has said they have missed payments and did not.  It is always the exact opposite... "I have only missed a payment or two" when they really have missed a year or two.  LOL!!

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************