This file has seen it all (Since January) - lost packages, lost authorizations and more. The most recent issue is that the appraisal and title have been completed and submitted over 3 weeks ago but MetLIfe says "it's not in our system yet so we can't make a decision until it's scanned into the system."  An escalation request was made and still no response. We've been under contract 3 times now and this buyer is considering pulling out. Does anyone have any high level contacts that might be able to help?  I've completed many short sales with various lenders successfully - MetLife has been the most difficult to work with.  

Views: 844

Replies to This Discussion

Terry, Thanks - Seacoast Law has had the file for some time - lots of road blocks on this one. The seller moved out ot accomodate a buyer (rent prior to closing) and then the buyer backed out. We just received a denial on the short sale because it was vacant at the time of the appraisal inspection. It's an FHA loan and it MUST be occupied at the time of the appraisal. It's being appealed but it's not looking very good. The lender said the seller has to move back in and the process will have to be started all over. Expensive and surely doesn't make sense....

Terry Reager said:
Hi Marie,
I've had this happen a couple of times. Finally, I asked a Metlife customer service rep for help and he gave me a "short sale hotline." By calling this number, I got a representative to hand deliver the file to a negotiator. As a result, I've only had half the headaches I usually get with Metlife. Try calling the short sale department and asking for the number. I will also track down the number and post it on this site. Good luck!
Thanks you for trying - but that 877# is now no longer working.

Cecilia Rodriguez said:
Hi, don’t fax your Short sale package Fedex with signatures of receipt, be sure to have the person name who received the short sale package, call first horizon loss mitigation department, be persistent, let them know that you have the name of the person that received the package, always ask about how long its going to take uploaded on their image system, at soon they uploaded on their system usually takes 90 days. Until then you can’t escalade.
Once is past the 90 days and you got not responde you can escalade to 1877-971-7434.
I hope this help good luck
Actually not positive how we got through but we've been bugging them on a bi-weekly basis. Last week we also sent out a combined email to our negotiator (Maria Torreze) and 2 other people: Michele Maldonado ([email protected]) & Sandra Delacruz ([email protected]).

Our negotiator has had the file for 30 days (as of Sept 30th) and yesterday we got the call that they are ordering the appraisal. I'd like to say it's because we got through to someone but the truth is I'm not sure if we did or not.

Julie Cendejas said:
Best of luck Angela - how did you get thru?

I have an upcoming sale on Thursday - Oct 7th and I CAN'T GET ANYWHERE with them. I've had the ENTIRE package into them since July 27th - and then again Sept 14th as they deleted the offer from the system so we re-entered it all. Now they tell me we are missing documents - we are not - we have EVERYTHING they asked for and have faxed it no less than 12 times at least. But no postponement with a negotiator and no negotiator without a 'complete' file - so at this point - since it takes them 110 days to upload any document you send them - my seller will most likely go to foreclosure.

All I want at this point is a sale date postponement!!!

HELP!!!
Thank you SOOOOOO much Cecilia - this number WORKED!!!! And I think I may of gotten the postponement due to it. Someone answered and WENT AND TALKED to the negotiator. She called me back later today and said she requested the postponement. This number is a KEEPER!!!

Cecilia Rodriguez said:
Hi Julie, I am so sorry I give you the wrong number, this is the MetLife HotLine- 1800-9717434
I hope this help !

I am getting no where with this met life short sale. I listed the property back in July when I sent authorization form and other documents. The week before Thanksgiving I sent the contract to purchase signed by buyers and sellers waiting on Met Life approval. Never heard a word. Two weeks ago they claim they lost the autorizatiion and they cannot talk to me without it. I have faxed 5 more copies now they are telling me they have to be uploaded in the system they still do not have the authorization.Monday I am going to mail certifed mail this way they have to sign for it.I think we are getting the run around here and the sellers defintely think so.They are messing with innocent peoples lives, two realtors who have countless hrs. invested a buyer and a seller. The people you talk to do not care because they have no vested interest.I have been 20 years in the business and have never dealt with such an unprofessional bunch in my life.I am just trying to represent my sellers and do my job but they will tell me

nothing.I wish I could talk to fannie mae and let them know that this is how the deals are falling apart. All that government bail out money and this is how it works.

Did you ever get this deal closed? This is the most unprofessional company I have ever run across in my twenty years in the business.They have lost my authorization form which I sent in July now they have the contract to purchase and they will not talk to me even though I have faxed 5 more copies over they keep saying they do not have the authoriztion.I am at my witts end here. I have a buyer and seller who are waiting for me to do my job and my hands are tied.

Did you ever get this deal closed? This is the most unprofessional company I have ever run across in my twenty years in the business.They have lost my authorization form which I sent in July now they have the contract to purchase and they will not talk to me even though I have faxed 5 more copies over they keep saying they do not have the authoriztion.I am at my witts end here. I have a buyer and seller who are waiting for me to do my job and my hands are tied.

Hi Kaki

I did get that deal I spoke of closed - amazingly - but it was hard and I totally feel your pain. Have you tried the MetLife hotline noted above? That was the key for me, however I have heard they changed it now, but I would still give it a go. Do you have a negotiators name even? I did have one - and that helped too.

I agree 120% with you that they are the worst - I was ready to tear my hair out. It's crazy as you have people that want to sell, people that want to buy and you can't get anywhere.

Good luck! 

Kaki Burch said:

Marie,  I am not sure who is giving you this information, but per FHA guidelines, the home has to have utilities on but can be vacant.  I have closed several short sales that were vacant and we used FHA financing.  How else could you buy a foreclosure either if this were the case.

Regards,

Tom

Tom,

I agree but it was specified in the METLife denial letter.  It is now occupied and has been re-submitted with a request for escalation for reconsideration of approval. I've previously received approvals in vacant properties as well. It was a huge surprise to us. 

Tom Stewart said:

Marie,  I am not sure who is giving you this information, but per FHA guidelines, the home has to have utilities on but can be vacant.  I have closed several short sales that were vacant and we used FHA financing.  How else could you buy a foreclosure either if this were the case.

Regards,

Tom

I've had an offer in that shows they've received via certified mail and its a VA loan that LBPS is servicing.  I'm currently calling the va loan service center in denver to see if they actually care whats happening at this lender with their loans.  VA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are all paid for by our tax dollars and all of them are letting homes go to foreclosure in mass due to HORRIBLE service providers and most of us do nothing to file complaints with them.  Has anyone else had any luck with getting our government agencies to hold LBPS's feet to the fire on their absolutely incompetent servicing???

Marie Flaherty said:
Well, we finally received a denial letter...because the appraiser noted it was a vacant property...the homeowner moved out to accomodate a buyer (that deal fell through due to lack of response from MetLife) . From the time that the homeowner moved out, he's been maintaining the property, calling Met Life weekly to report on its condition. They've been aware that the home was vacated both by phone and in writing and that the house was secure and being maintained. He was doing all that he could to preserve the asset for the lender, MetLIfe....and this is what he gets! It's an FHA loan and if you follow the "flow chart", that's the outcome. Why did it take them over 9 months to reach that decison???!!! There are exceptions, which this would qualify for, but the negotiator took the easy route - issued the denial letter. It's being appealed and who knows what will happen. MetLife has informed us that they will now accelerate the foreclosure process. They'll take a bigger hit for certain. Common sense?? NOT! Working with BOA is a cakewalk compared to MetLIfe!!!

Angela Visockis said:
LOVELY! Maria Torreze has been my assigned negotiator since Sept 30th and still I have NOTHING! no appraisal has even been ordered and getting around customer service is...well, not going well. Never thought I'd say this but they are a bigger pain in the butt than BofA!

Sarah Suppe said:
Same deal with me. Submitted pacakge in mid-April, Metlife loaded in their system on June 1st and assigned a negotiator, Maria Torres, but as of today 9/1, file has not even been picked up. I have "escalated" three times which basically just means that the supervisor sends an email to the negotiator for a status update. No response to any of the three requests. I cannot get past the initial customer service department i.e. can't get a direct phone number or email to anyone other than general customer service. I am pulling my hair out.
One thing we have in common is Maria Torres! Interesting.  Yes, we're all pulling our hair out. This buyer (#4) has been waiting since MAY!  We started the process with the first buyer in January - One year later....

Aaron Signor said:
I've had an offer in that shows they've received via certified mail and its a VA loan that LBPS is servicing.  I'm currently calling the va loan service center in denver to see if they actually care whats happening at this lender with their loans.  VA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are all paid for by our tax dollars and all of them are letting homes go to foreclosure in mass due to HORRIBLE service providers and most of us do nothing to file complaints with them.  Has anyone else had any luck with getting our government agencies to hold LBPS's feet to the fire on their absolutely incompetent servicing???

Marie Flaherty said:
Well, we finally received a denial letter...because the appraiser noted it was a vacant property...the homeowner moved out to accomodate a buyer (that deal fell through due to lack of response from MetLife) . From the time that the homeowner moved out, he's been maintaining the property, calling Met Life weekly to report on its condition. They've been aware that the home was vacated both by phone and in writing and that the house was secure and being maintained. He was doing all that he could to preserve the asset for the lender, MetLIfe....and this is what he gets! It's an FHA loan and if you follow the "flow chart", that's the outcome. Why did it take them over 9 months to reach that decison???!!! There are exceptions, which this would qualify for, but the negotiator took the easy route - issued the denial letter. It's being appealed and who knows what will happen. MetLife has informed us that they will now accelerate the foreclosure process. They'll take a bigger hit for certain. Common sense?? NOT! Working with BOA is a cakewalk compared to MetLIfe!!!

Angela Visockis said:
LOVELY! Maria Torreze has been my assigned negotiator since Sept 30th and still I have NOTHING! no appraisal has even been ordered and getting around customer service is...well, not going well. Never thought I'd say this but they are a bigger pain in the butt than BofA!

Sarah Suppe said:
Same deal with me. Submitted pacakge in mid-April, Metlife loaded in their system on June 1st and assigned a negotiator, Maria Torres, but as of today 9/1, file has not even been picked up. I have "escalated" three times which basically just means that the supervisor sends an email to the negotiator for a status update. No response to any of the three requests. I cannot get past the initial customer service department i.e. can't get a direct phone number or email to anyone other than general customer service. I am pulling my hair out.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************