This file has seen it all (Since January) - lost packages, lost authorizations and more. The most recent issue is that the appraisal and title have been completed and submitted over 3 weeks ago but MetLIfe says "it's not in our system yet so we can't make a decision until it's scanned into the system."  An escalation request was made and still no response. We've been under contract 3 times now and this buyer is considering pulling out. Does anyone have any high level contacts that might be able to help?  I've completed many short sales with various lenders successfully - MetLife has been the most difficult to work with.  

Views: 844

Replies to This Discussion

Marie,
Sounds Exactly like my Metlife nightmare almost spooky how simmilar! Please let me know what happened if anything yet!
Christie, Still no response - escalated again - did yours close? If so how long wasit in processs?
Same deal with me. Submitted pacakge in mid-April, Metlife loaded in their system on June 1st and assigned a negotiator, Maria Torres, but as of today 9/1, file has not even been picked up. I have "escalated" three times which basically just means that the supervisor sends an email to the negotiator for a status update. No response to any of the three requests. I cannot get past the initial customer service department i.e. can't get a direct phone number or email to anyone other than general customer service. I am pulling my hair out.
LOVELY! Maria Torreze has been my assigned negotiator since Sept 30th and still I have NOTHING! no appraisal has even been ordered and getting around customer service is...well, not going well. Never thought I'd say this but they are a bigger pain in the butt than BofA!

Sarah Suppe said:
Same deal with me. Submitted pacakge in mid-April, Metlife loaded in their system on June 1st and assigned a negotiator, Maria Torres, but as of today 9/1, file has not even been picked up. I have "escalated" three times which basically just means that the supervisor sends an email to the negotiator for a status update. No response to any of the three requests. I cannot get past the initial customer service department i.e. can't get a direct phone number or email to anyone other than general customer service. I am pulling my hair out.
Well, we finally received a denial letter...because the appraiser noted it was a vacant property...the homeowner moved out to accomodate a buyer (that deal fell through due to lack of response from MetLife) . From the time that the homeowner moved out, he's been maintaining the property, calling Met Life weekly to report on its condition. They've been aware that the home was vacated both by phone and in writing and that the house was secure and being maintained. He was doing all that he could to preserve the asset for the lender, MetLIfe....and this is what he gets! It's an FHA loan and if you follow the "flow chart", that's the outcome. Why did it take them over 9 months to reach that decison???!!! There are exceptions, which this would qualify for, but the negotiator took the easy route - issued the denial letter. It's being appealed and who knows what will happen. MetLife has informed us that they will now accelerate the foreclosure process. They'll take a bigger hit for certain. Common sense?? NOT! Working with BOA is a cakewalk compared to MetLIfe!!!

Angela Visockis said:
LOVELY! Maria Torreze has been my assigned negotiator since Sept 30th and still I have NOTHING! no appraisal has even been ordered and getting around customer service is...well, not going well. Never thought I'd say this but they are a bigger pain in the butt than BofA!

Sarah Suppe said:
I am confused. What does the house being vacant have to do with getting a short sale approved? If I am reading your post correctly, Metlife denied the short sale because it was no longer occupied. Most short sales I do are on vacant homes and I have never seen one denied for that reason. This is my first with Metlife (and hopefully my last with them). What is the FHA flowchart you are referring to?
If it is an FHA loan, it has to be occupied in order to be considered for a short sale. These folks occupied it as their primary residence up until recently and according to Metlife shouldn't have moved out! This is the government's way of helping - yes, they know best - it's better for the market to have a foreclosure than a short sale - It really does wonders for values! The "flow chart" is what I refer to as their method of determining what to do with the file...ie: vacant - move it to denial - occupied consider it for a short sale...too bad they wait until the 11th hour to review their procedures...This has been in front of them through 2 different law firms since December of 2009.......

Sarah Suppe said:
I am confused. What does the house being vacant have to do with getting a short sale approved? If I am reading your post correctly, Metlife denied the short sale because it was no longer occupied. Most short sales I do are on vacant homes and I have never seen one denied for that reason. This is my first with Metlife (and hopefully my last with them). What is the FHA flowchart you are referring to?
Might have found a line in to some supervisors. Going to verify if the contact info is correct and/or helpful. Will let you know if it works.
Good morning:

The MetLife tales sound way too familiar. No need to repeat my nearly identical experience.

Angela: Were you able to verify your contact info for a supervisor-type? There must be some path to get around the front line "customer service" phone folks. ANY leads from anyone would be welcome. Thanks.
Have not heard back from anyone which does not improve my mood when speaking to the useless loss mit reps on the phone. However, we figured out that their email addresses over there are nothing more complicated than the first letter of their first name followed by their last name @metlife.com....(example: Maria Torres is [email protected])

Bill Garrett, Wilmington, DE said:
Good morning:

The MetLife tales sound way too familiar. No need to repeat my nearly identical experience.

Angela: Were you able to verify your contact info for a supervisor-type? There must be some path to get around the front line "customer service" phone folks. ANY leads from anyone would be welcome. Thanks.
Well I'm not sure who's tree we shook over at MetLife but today I got a call that they were setting up an appraisal for the home. This is an FHA file and I'm hoping that once the appraisal is done the rest of the transaction will go as smoothly as our other FHA short sales have gone...though I'm not holding my breath.
Best of luck Angela - how did you get thru?

I have an upcoming sale on Thursday - Oct 7th and I CAN'T GET ANYWHERE with them. I've had the ENTIRE package into them since July 27th - and then again Sept 14th as they deleted the offer from the system so we re-entered it all. Now they tell me we are missing documents - we are not - we have EVERYTHING they asked for and have faxed it no less than 12 times at least. But no postponement with a negotiator and no negotiator without a 'complete' file - so at this point - since it takes them 110 days to upload any document you send them - my seller will most likely go to foreclosure.

All I want at this point is a sale date postponement!!!

HELP!!!

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************