I have a couple files with Wells Fargo as the first and second. The first lien approved everything (6% commission and 10% to the second). Now, as we're coming up on the end I'm being told from the second lien that they will only pay 5% commission and the other 1% must go to them. Has anyone come up against this lately? I haven't had to cut my commission in over a year!

Is this worth fighting over or will I just lose? It sounds like they are also going to try to get a seller contribution at the end so I don't want to play all my cards yet...

Thanks for any advice.

Views: 214

Replies to This Discussion

Keep us updated. I'll be cheering you on and developing strategies for when they try to get into my pocket. 

Hi Samuel~

I would love to get an update from you (and anyone else!) on this- could you email me and we can 'Chat" more about it?  I just got this same joyful news from my negotiator. I am willing to fight, but would rather go to battle with more ammunition... :)

My email is: [email protected]

Thank you in advance!

Hi Laurie -

I'm putting this here so everyone can see what happened though feel free to email me if you have more questions. I consistently got pushback from them about the deficiency. The ultimately told me that they would submit it with no contribution required and they did and it came back "requiring a contribution" though they couldn't put that in writing. I spoke the supervisor and he said that he could try again but it would likely be the same answer.

After discussing this with my seller we decided to offer a seller contribution of just $500 (while keeping the commission the entire 6%). I just received my approval letter on Monday for this with the deficiency removed.

Interestingly...it was two approval letters from this lienholder. The first approval letter was for just the release of the lien for the 6% that they were getting from the first. The second approval letter said that if they receive the $500 seller contribution at closing they will also release the remaining deficiency balance. It made me wonder if they weren't bluffing...though I do still wonder. Thankfully my seller was willing to pay $500 to ensure that they wouldn't have a deficiency.

Good luck on yours...hopefully you'll have similar success!

Hi Samual~

Thank you for this! What state are you in?  In CA we cannot have sellers pay anything.  So I suppose we could have buyer pay a small amount for the deficiency release.

I'm in Washington. The problem with the buyer paying money is that the first may want that money. The other option the kept giving me was commission and they told me commission would likely lead to the same outcome. He kept saying we should give at least .5% if we did commission though they wanted a full 1%. This was so much more than our seller contribution of $500 that it was an easy decision to try that one first and I'm very glad that I did. It is possible a commission contribution of $500 would have been accepted too...who knows. It's also possible I could have pushed enough and they would have eventually given in but my seller didn't want to waste anymore time trying since we'd already pushed back enough. Good luck!

In California, there is no deficiency on any residential 1-4 unit approved short sale as of July 2011. See attached: SB 458...which amends SB 931. This applies to ALL lienholders, where the prior SB 931 only applied to first lienholders :). If you go online, you can read the entire bill - this is just an outline.

Attachments:

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************