I have seen all the newer posts about how everyone has been having good luck with their BoA short sales!!!  I am the buyer of a bank of america short sale, I'm not sure if its the bank, the sellers agent or my agent that is just not keeping us informed and I feel like neither my agent or the sellers agent is pushing to make any progress.  My husband and I viewed this house on March 18th we immediately loved it and put an offer in right away with our earnest deposit!  The sellers accepted the offer on March 22nd, and the offer was submitted to the bank 2 days later!  A week after that my agent received an email from the sellers agent saying we were waiting in line for a negotiator to be assigned! 

I thought oh nice we are gonna get a weekly update , but I was wrong a month went by with no response and then on April 28th our earnest deposit check was cashed which I thought they didn't take it until the bank approved the offer so for a minute I got a little excited until I talked to my agent who then informed me that they should have taken the earnest deposit right away and he said he was gonna try to call/email the sellers agent to find out if there was anything new happening!  And again its been 3 weeks with no communication other than my agent telling me he emailed the other agent and he is waiting for her to respond! 

Is this normal is there anything i can be doing to speed this up?  I feel like I want to call the sellers agent myself to get info is this possible to do?  I was hoping to be moved in the house by august so my son can start school there instead of having to move him around mid year!  Is there anyway for me to be able to call BoA myself to find out cause according to my agent he still doesn't even know if we got a negotiator assigned yet, How long does that usually take? 

I appreciate any advice anyone can give me!

Views: 760

Replies to This Discussion

Oh ok so it's definitely up in the air about everything then!  Thanks again for the input!
Don't mean to scare you Deena---keep in mind, this is all pretty normal and customary with BofA.  It's just tough for you being the buyer here..  good luck

Yes it is definitely stressful for me, but I think if I was informed a little more even if it is just to tell me no change, I would be more calm instead of the freaking out and stressing that I have been doing lately!  Thanks!

Deena,

Sadly this is normal.  One of the biggest complaints that we as agents have is that the approvals are buyer specific.  When the previous buyer walked, the process essentially started over and most likely the previous BPO was too old and they need a new one.

As far as your offer, they can reject it but most likely will counter offer it with a market value counter. If the property is really worth 210,000 and you want to buy it for 180,000, your offer is really $160,000 to $165,000 to bank of america due to the expenses involved, that is the amount they will net.  I belong to the side that says it will take fair market value or something close to it to get the short sale approved with BofA.  Others have been successful in getting discounts, I have been successful in getting fast BofA approvals with solid offers that represent market value.

Best of luck.....

Update:  My realtor forwarded this email to me today from the lawyer, can someone help me understand it cause my realtor said he was a little confused too!

"please be advised that HAFA agent is still working on the file.  He did credit pull, BPO, and valuation analysis.  We are waiting for asset manager to be assigned on June 1st.  We will follow up on that day to keep it moving.  We also asked for an escalation of this file twice.  Today thy denied doing so since the lender doesn't have the power to influence any longer - it is in their subcontractor's department."

A couple of questions:

who is an asset manager and what do they do?

Also why does the lender no longer have the power to influence and who is a subcontractor and why do they now have the file?

I am so confused as to what is going on!  I will appreciate any help! 

Thanks

Hi Deena. An asset manager is the person who is in charge of the asset (the loan). We also call them negotiators. They work for the lender/investor.

When they say lender they really mean servicer. The servicer is the company you make your mortgage company to. In your case BofA. The loan however has more than likely already been sold off to an investor (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, pension fund etc). HAFA short sales are normally handled by company that subcontracts with the lender/servicer to handle these files.

The update sounds to me like things are moving forward. The HAFA process can easily take 3 to 4 months. You are a tad over 2 months in. It's a very frustrating process for all involved because even though the agents and yourself may not be receiving updates there is actually a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes with the lender. It takes them several weeks just to do their internal evaluations to get ready to present the file to the investor and mortgage insurance company. Throw HAFA into the mix and you have about 4 different entities that have to coordinate getting an approval.

Your expectations going in should have been that this would be a 4-5 months process from time of accepted contract to closing. Chances of the transaction closing though are probably very high. It just takes time. I truly hope this all works out for you. Hang in there.

Deena,

It's now November, and since there's no new posts since May, I'm wondering if the deal was closed or if you terminated due to the time involved.

Hi aaron,

We ended up finally getting a counter in august but it came back way higher than the house was even worth so we countered back and provided comps to support it but they wouldn't budge on the price so yea we ended up backing out after 5 months. We stopped looking at houses for a while but now we actually put an offer on another BofA short sale home last wk so I hope it doesn't take 5 months again!!! This one already seems to be moving a little faster than last time so keeping my fingers crossed!

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************