FHA contribution to junior liens

I've got a Seller who has an FHA insured loan and we are starting the process for acceptance into the FHA Preforeclosure Program.

I just found out that there is a judgement against the Seller for around $2k.

FHA states that they will contribute up to $1500 to the release of junior liens after the $1000 incentive is applied.

Does anyone know if a) a judgement is considered a junior lien in FHA eyes and b) is the $1500 based upon a percentage of the amount owed, or is it a flat $1500 no matter what?

And yes, I know that a judgement can be attached to property.  In this case it is attached to the house.  But I also know that banks can be discriminatory against purchase money liens and personal judgement liens.

You need to be a member of Short Sale Superstars to add comments!

Join Short Sale Superstars

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Does anyone know if a) a judgement is considered a junior lien in FHA eyes - Yes.

Is the $1500 based upon a percentage of the amount owed, or is it a flat $1500 no matter what? - Flat, but this would come in the form of a reduction in the net proceeds to the Servicer/FHA.

• Thanks.  Just what I thought, but wanted to make sure.

• Generally, HUD will release 2,500 total to additional liens or judgments. This may depend on how much the lender is NET'ing. Hope this helps!

Brett@ishortsalenow.com

This reply was deleted.
********************************** like buttons ************************