Hi all, I'm trying to get a short sale approval with Indymac and could use some advice. We submitted the package Oct. 19th and have diligently followed up since then. The second is with GreenTree, which has been a major challenge but we actually have that approval letter now. The problem is that we negotiated GreenTree down to 10% of the loan balance ($11,763) plus $3,000 in contributions from agent commissions of buyers (for a total of $14,763) to the second. This was based on an email from Gordon Akinpelu, a short sale lead with Indymac who emailed me and said this would be acceptable to Indymac. Now the negotiator, Theresa Lantier, is telling me she can't submit it to the investor with anything more than $11,763 going to the second. GreenTree initially wanted $19,000 and I had to escalate all the way to the CEO's office to get them to come down.

Any good contacts at Indymac I might try? It's been 100 days or so since we submitted this and the buyer is running out of patience. Meanwhile, bank-owned properties priced less are starting to pop up in the complex... Help! Thanks in advance!

Views: 107

Replies to This Discussion

Indymac told me they would approve the $14,763, which was what I told GreenTree when I escalated to the CEO. It took moving heaven and earth to get them to agree to that instead of the $19,000 they originally wanted. And since I negotiated at that price based on feedback from Indymac, it seems to me that Indymac should budge -- not GreenTree. Plus, the $3,000 difference isn't coming from the seller. It's coming from the agents.

Pamela Seley said:
Have you tried going back to GreenTree letting them know that Indymac will approve only the $11,763 payoff? I would try to get the 2nd to agree.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************