I just spoke to an executive at CHASE who indicates that the SSA price is set at 120% of the asset's (BPO) value to make sure that they receive fair market value for the property. 

Boy, do these people know how to sell property!  Overprice it by 20% and wait around for a fair offer!  Yeah, that's how it works!

Has anyone else heard this?

Views: 50

Replies to This Discussion

I have a short sale listing now that was appraised at $530,000 in December (there was a model match comp in highly upgraded condition that had closed at $570K). My listing is original 1978 condition, with a pool that needs to be replastered and the 3rd bathroom demolished, which makes financing difficult.  Wells Fargo HAFA dept wanted me to list it at $565,000. 

I told them that nobody would even look at it at that price and that it really should be $499,000.  I listed it for $535,000 and later changed the listing to "value range" $499,000 to $529,000.  There are several other active listings in the same neighborhood priced between $400,000 and $499,000.  Unfortunately, they are all short sales, so not likely to close soon.  I tried to dispute the appraised value, but they won't change it until I have closed comps to include. 

This is all very frustrating!

Yeah, I'm not loving HAFA right now either.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************