Hello I'm near the finish line to closing on a short sale, it's been rough but I'm almost there! One issue I'd like to discuss is this. In the beginning I was never aware of the terms that came with the sale not once was it disclosed to me that I would have to be paying the negotiator fee. So when my agent asked me to give a deposit to a certain guy, I said well wait what is this for? he had told me it went towards my final payment. Later down the months I come to realize that it wasn't he himself told me that the thousand dollars is a separate fee that "all short sale transaction have to pay" I've been doing my research and realized that this is not true and this fee can pretty much be thrown around anywhere. The agent is a friend of mine he had just got started out and coming to this forum I realized that was a HUGE mistake. So i guess my question is should I just eat the cost for the agents mistake? Or is there something I can fight this with because I was misinformed. I believe it is up to the agent to disclose all terms and fees about the property before I even step foot in the condo. This was never done. I'd really appreciate everyone's opinions on how to handle this situation, thank you.

Views: 3923

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Disclosure to buyer and seller is key. There is nothing wrong with hiring someone to negotiate a short sale and disclosing to all parties who is negotiating the short sale and who is expected to pay for it and how much it will costs.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************