I have a short sale that was submitted to Suntrust in December 2011.  Unfortunately, Suntrust is probably the slowest servicer I've been working with when it comes to processing short sales.  Back in March I saw a foreclosure sale date on the county court website.  I was calling Suntrust once a week for updates, and I intensified my efforts when I saw the sale date.  For over 3 weeks the rep at Suntrust said my file was submitted to "the investor" .  After the third week, I told Suntrust there must be something wrong, we should have heard from Freddie Mac by now.  The next time I got an update Suntrust said there was a problem in their computer system because there was a code on my file that indicated the file went to the investor, but in reality it never went anywhere!  This was back in April.  My file was then shifted to another party at Suntrust, who says he's my negotiator.  During this whole time I was telling any one that would listen that there is an upcoming foreclosure sale date.  The negotiator submitted the file to Freddie Mac and a week later he came back with a counter offer.  The buyer really wants this property, so they agreed to the counter offer.   All necessary docs agreeing to the counter offer were submitted to Suntrust within 24 hours. I have a ready willing and able buyer whose contract nets Freddie Mac the $273,000 they say is acceptable to them.  Suntrust in turn submitted to Freddie Mac. Aware of the time constraints, the negotiator said he submitted to a supervisor to expedite the file.  We have alerted the foreclosure attorney and they are poised to postpone the sale date, but they need Freddie's approval.  I enlisted the help of my negotiator's boss Barbara Hart, and also her boss.  Still it has been over a week and we are running out of time.  Suntrust claims to be doing everything they can to get Freddie Mac's attention, but are having no results.  Any suggestions?  I don't know what else to do.

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You need to reach out to Freddie mac directly. I was in the same situation with Suntrust and for months they did not do anything, they did not submit to Freddie mac, but I reached out to Freddie Mac and was able to successfully negotiate the short sale and got it approved .

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************