I have had countless times where the 1st and 2nd just don't agree.

Other than the card of "You know, 2nd lien holder, if you don't accept $this$ then the house will foreclose and you get nothing..."

What do you all do with this scenario?

The "Help Me" group is great but it has soooo many topics I was lost in the shuffle.  I am sure this may be in there or someone has discussed this in the past.

Views: 521

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Mori - can you send me the option you have tried in reference to what Ed posted please? I have one that I cannot get the 1st to pay more and the 2nd to take what the 1st has offered.

Thanks

Claudia

Mori Langshaw Sr said:
What is your email Ed?

Edward Codelia said:
I have an option that you may not have tried......email me......
ok, how about Chase saying, no, we won't accept the 6400 Wells has offered, so...you tell us what you can bring to the table, and we will tell you if we will accept it!? About three weeks ago, the supervisor said she would accept 8500.00..then changed her mind speaking to the listing agent..so..here we sit. we are offering the 8500.00 hodge podged together with everyone contributing..and waiting to see if they are playing a game or what. I think we should have a survey...WHICH SECOND POSITION LENDER IS WORST...and then send the results to every executive office, the OCC and whoever else we feel like showing the results!..
Most 2nd's are debt collectors in attitude and deed. As such, they play the odds - demand what they want, someone involved will want the deal done enough to pay up. The odds are this will happen, sometimes there is a foreclosure and they lose it all, but the ODDS are that someone will pay so they are usually willing to go all the way and watch you go to foreclosure. Also, they like to drag it out - they like to force YOU to make a last second decision to save the deal - you see $$ going down the tube in 15 minutes, OK, 1/4 of that to these thieves is better than losing 100% of it, right?

I don't like dealing with 2nd's and usually don't have to - someone else in the office does that dirty duty.
Anyway, that might help you understand and get into their mindset. If you don't pay them and you lose the deal, make that note and get that info to the manager of this guy next time around - hit them where they live - blown deals.

I'd also say keep hammering on the lack of $$ from anyone - it just isn't there. Can't be helped, etc. (Oh, I don't know, it feels like lying - like they do - guess that is why I really don't like dealing with 2nd's.)

I currently received a short sale approval with Ocwen who is willing to pay the second no more than $3000.00 to the second lien holder, who is Carrington Resolution Services (CRS). CRS stated they are not willing to accept nothing less than $10K, which I was recently able to negotiate down to $8,500.00. The buyer is willing to contribute the difference of $5,500.00 However, when I turned in updated HUD1...Ocwen was not willing to accept due to the second receiving more than the amount they allotted for $3,000. I am seeking any suggestions to be able to complete this short sale. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Well, I seem to have resolved my own issue...and we are able to move forward with the sale. 

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************