Information on Indymac short sales. Tips, tricks, etc.

Members: 401
Latest Activity: Feb 23, 2017

Indymac Contact Info

Indymac Fax number for short sale packages: (626) 583-1370
Indymac E-mail Addresses: [email protected]
Loss Mitigation Status Hotline: 877-736-5556
Negotiator's Direct Lines: 512-506-XXXX (helpful for caller ID to make sure you grab the phone)
New name-One West Bank

3rd Party Authorization Fax Number: 269-353-2474

* Indymac has their own financial statement form and authorization to release form, but they will accept generic forms as well with the same info.
* Short Sale packages MUST include the "Purchaser Eligibility Certification." If not short sale can not be approved.
* The $300 is NOT required for a short sale package.
* Indymac DOES aggressively and actively pursue foreclosure even when the short sale package is sitting on a desk waiting for their negotiator.
**Indymac will allow a new contract to be substituted when the first buyer walks.
**Indymac will allow a challenge to their BPO value and you CAN be successful.

Authorization to Release.pdf

IndyMac Short Sale Affadavit

IndyMac Financial Statement Form

IndyMac Short Sale Package

IndyMac Purchaser Eligibility Statement

IndyMac Purchase Eligibility Statement 2

Indymac Short Sale Info Website *** always check here for latest forms.

Contact Group Moderator to add correct or add helpful info here

Discussion Forum


Started by Chris McGee Nov 25, 2014. 0 Replies

Typical % of BPO value for SS Approval

Started by Christine Reed. Last reply by Kathryn Carlson Sep 3, 2014. 2 Replies


Started by Mariana Molina. Last reply by Benjamin Rojas Oct 4, 2013. 2 Replies

Comment Wall


You need to be a member of Indymac to add comments!

Comment by Jazzy on June 5, 2013 at 6:28am

Thank you Tara! Will definitely explore that option. Have a great day!!

Comment by Tara Samney on June 5, 2013 at 6:19am

Jazzy,  You will get no help at all from Deustche Bank.  I tried repeatedly. In hindsight I really don't think they want to do short sales. IndyMac farms the short sale processing out to ServiceLink (mine was and that's what they tell me although IndyMac/OWB was our initial contact). See Bryant's mail to everyone today.  I would recommend the seller get an attorney to try to push back foreclosure. Good luck! 

Comment by Jazzy on June 5, 2013 at 6:14am

Hello all!

There is a trustee sale scheduled for 6/10 and Indymac/OWB is telling me we don't have enough time to process the completed short sale package that was sent to them. Id like to go to the investor directly and need a contact for Deutsche bank. Any other suggestions? Please help!!

Thank you!!

Comment by Wendy Rulnick on May 13, 2013 at 12:24pm

Is the latest Indymac package on this group? If not, would you email it directly [email protected]

Comment by Sara Mehrpouyan Los Angeles CDPE on April 26, 2013 at 8:51pm

@Tara- Congratulations! I know that sometimes the lenders don't want to budge on the numbers. Look at the bright side- the sale closed. 

Comment by Tara Samney on April 26, 2013 at 8:18pm

I recieved approval on Mon for an Indymac HAFA (investor DeutscheBank) to pay Citi the max of $8500.  Citi was in recovery and issued approval for the $8500.  I'm still in shock we managed to get approvals after the struggle.  At the end I was told by ServiceLink the investor maintained the FMV was $24,000 over the buyer's appraisal and my BPO.  The comps were almost exact homes in the neighborhood.  One was 4 houses down the street. I am just thankful at the end I hung in there and beat this to death. So...for any that need can be done. We had no buyer closing costs, and commission was cut 1% but it was better than losing the house.

Comment by William Singh on January 30, 2013 at 12:36pm

Since the negotiator is not returning your calls you should call the main number and although you have to go through being placed on hold, once someone answers ask them for an update on the file. Verify that the negotiator is the same person you have been trying to reach. Also ask them to see if the sale date has been postponed. If not tell them you would like to make a request that the foreclosure date be postponed.

If the negotiator has changed get their information. Whether the negotiator has changed or is the same, get an addendum that states that the buyer and seller agree to the escrow date be extended to xx date due to the delay from the second lender. Have all parties sign this then write an email to the negotiator requesting that they postpone the foreclosure sale date that is scheduled for 2/4 to allow time to complete the short sale. Attach the addendum and send the email. Now to the most important thing. Once the email has been sent open the sent email and forward it to the same email address you sent it to i.e the negotiators. Now forward the email about 25 to 30 times. If you do not hear from them do it again I usually hear from them within hours.


Comment by Stacey Wilson on January 30, 2013 at 11:39am

Sharona, I sent you a friend request to send you some info.

Comment by Sharona Byrnes on January 30, 2013 at 7:02am

Help! I have been working on a short sale with IndyMac as the 1st lien holder for over a year! We got approval in December with closing to be before January 28th. However, the second didn't approval until January 18th so I need an extension on the approval and sale date until end of February. Have been emailing the negotiator and calling for over 10 days with no response. Foreclosure sale date is MONDAY the 4th!!!! Can anyone help with escalation contacts!! (I just emailed the two listed below).

Comment by Alton R. Tyndall, Jr on December 20, 2012 at 10:02pm
Anyone have any information or contacts higher up for Indy Mac, need some escalation, negotiator not responsive after attempt to challenge BPO

Members (401)



© 2022   Created by Brett Goldsmith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************