Wells Fargo not issuing a 1099 c

Hello - I have called WF 5 times and each loss mitigation representative, short sale dept. and others tell me that because I had PMI on my loan, I will not receive a 1099 c and that it is noted on my acct.  They told me that the PMI company paid them so it is not right for them to claim the loss. They said that FHA and PMI backed loans are not issued one.  When we first started this process, I was under the assumption that we would receive this form come tax time. 

I am now confused and unsure what to do.  WF isn't reporting it to the IRS.  Do I claim this on my taxes?  Will the PMI company send me a 1099 c? The SS closed on 9/6/12.  We had a ramainder of $204,000 left on our mortgage and the condo sold for $139,000.  On our SS approval letter, it does state that the bank waives all rights to collect the deficiency once the SS is closed.

Has anyone ever dealt with this?  We only had one loan.  WF was the loan service and it was owned by Fannie Mae.

We did contact a CPA who did tell us that if we didn't get a 1099 c then to not worry about it.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

-Kristy

You need to be a member of Short Sale Superstars to add comments!

Join Short Sale Superstars

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.
********************************** like buttons ************************