I am using a attorney to do this Short sale which has been going on for a year We started with Metlife and CCO. Metlife sent it to Nationstar so as of now......
I have a Short sale w Nationstar 1st/ CCO 2nd
In August prior to getting approval on the 1st CCO wanted 4700 of a $46947.79 balance
Now we are getting ready for Nationstars approval and need a payoff from CCO
CCO said that since this loan has been charged off, all of their documents have been purged, the interest has been wiped out, and the balance is $46,947.76 and will not change (ever). When I explained to CCO that I needed this in writing for Nationstar to approve the short sale they have advised me that they sent the homeowner a letter in August She cant find it

What do I do
Thanks so much

You need to be a member of Short Sale Superstars to add comments!

Join Short Sale Superstars

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3/2/2012    
    • Closed !!! Thank you all for your help and support !

• Jean, what did you end up doing?

• I have a first with nationstar and a second with CCO.  nationstar agreed to pay 10% of the original loan amount to CCO.  It is also in chargeoff status (the second).  Now Nationstar wants my buyers to come up with 5k to close.  argh.

• We have one that we're just wrapping up that is also Nationstar (1st) and CCO (2nd).

We found that CCO requires 10% of balance for payoff and forgiveness of debt. However, Nationstar will only allow 6% of balance to CCO from the sale proceeds. And Nationstar will not allow contributions from any other parties (agents, seller, buyer) shown on the HUD-1 as going toward the 2nd lien holder (CCO).

So, our seller sent a check for the difference to CCO and we recieved a revised approval letter for the remaining 6% of the balance owed (which Nationstar approved).

Nationstar then produced their approval letter immediately upon receiving CCO's and we're headed to closing with all debt forgiven.

I would advise you get info from Nationstar on what they'll allow to the 2nd to receive. (I'm sure it'll only be 6% of unpaid balance, not the 10% that CCO is demanding). Then get CCO their extra 4% ($1,880) before closing and CCO will revise their approval letter and you can get to closing. Plus, for the mere $1,880, the seller will have his entire 2nd mtg forgiven.

Not a bad deal.

Best of luck.

linda Zemler 

• Hi Linda  Thank you so much   ! 

• A stupid question, but does the owner have the letter? If they charged off the loan, did they also dismiss their claim?

• Thanks for responding   She cant find the letter 

That is what I am wondering   I doubt it  I have a call into them 

This reply was deleted.
********************************** like buttons ************************