Replies

• We close about 8 a month.  LOL although this month we have 1 closing as December was out of control.  I have two other negotiators that work with me though handling files.  We are a 3rd party service, with buyer paid fees.

• omg this thread really got hijacked

• Obed, not sure what you are referring to, this has been a great thread about how many short sales are getting closed and how they are getting them closed.

• Half if not more refer to how are you getting yor leads, marketing to people in distress and if you need a negotiator you can call so and so. The question the poster ask was, how many short sales are agent closing per month. Simple question 

• SHort Sales are about 50% of my biz.  I list, work and close them myself here in Palm Springs and La Quinta, Calif.  Not as many as so many of the Agents here, but closed 100% in 2011.  I think the rate of success is more important than the numbers listed.

• Hi Kelly,

I agree - quality over quantity.  I don't do tons of short sales either and as a matter of fact, I like to keep my pipeline managable, not overwhelming and stressful.  Plus, I'm really crappy at marketing myself.  All my gigs are referrals.  As a Realtor/Broker, all I do is negotiate for other agents (no listings or buyers so I can focus on negotiating, which is what I love to do) and I've only been denied on one short sale.  I advised the sellers up front that it would be a really, really tough one due to their assets and income so even though we didn't get approval, their expectations were realistic and they were not disappointed with my service.

• I carry a listing inventory of about 25 listings.  I close on average 3-4 per month.  I have a 95% close rate.  I negotiate my own short sales.  I have 1 part time assistant.  I am working on increasing my volume this year to 50 listing inventory.  I hope to close 5 per month.  That is the goal. 

I just started taking the 3.5% listing and offering 2.5% to the buyer's agent.  I have gotten some resistance from a couple of agents insisting on splitting the commission 50/50.  I have told them that the .5% is a negotiation fee.  One agent in my office said that he will insist on 50/50 split or he will have his buyer back out of the deal.  Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

• He could lose his license for openly saying and doing that.

• for openly saying and doing what?

• For refuseing to show a listing to a buyer because of the commission. In California according to the Dre, Commission  is not a condition  for buying or selling Real Estate. consumers come before us. 

This reply was deleted.
********************************** like buttons ************************