Replies

• Yes, they do, at least for a short-sale under PFSP.  The rules state "must be 30+ DPD at time of sale".  Which means, must have missed  two payments or more, not one. (You miss the first on day 1 and the second on day 30, basically)

But, be careful, because this is often (generally?) implemented as " must be 30+ DPD at time of issuing the ATP", which is the approval to the short-sale program, not approval of the sale.

I tried to work with a seller that wanted to stay current as long as possible, so I thought it would be okay for her to be current at time of ATP.  Wrong.  Wells required us to wait until two payments were missed, and the buyer walked. 

@Kevin.  This is one of the reasons why I hold the FHA in low-esteem, along with valuation, property and sales management.  IMHO this one of the most mis-guided policies in short-sales.  This could only be supported by a group that does not understand this marketplace.

And, when you talk to senior managers at the FHA, as I have done, they tell you that their policies must be the best possible because they were develop by the FHA.

• The borrower still must be 31 days  delinquent (1 missed payment) at the time of closing. 

• I'm planning to attend this in February and I'm sure I'll be in the minority being a Realtor.  I hope to be able to ask some good questions...and get some good answers.

http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/housing/sf...

• Are you going to be at FR next month in Orlando?

• Gonna try, but it would probably only be for the Saturday session. Can I scalp a ticket for that:)

• Yes you can get a day pass

• Yea, I can't believe they charge $200 for it though. 

• Kevin, you should try to come on the day of our short sale mastermind.  Not sure of the day yet though.

• It is my understanding that yes they do. FHA is all about financial affordability. If they are current then HUD assumes they can afford to make payments.

This reply was deleted.
********************************** like buttons ************************