Settlement on a short sale (I have buyer) was postponed due to septic issues - which obviously cost my buyer extra bucks to get sorted out. Now Chase is saying they want an extra $1,000 since settlement was delayed.

Hello!? Buyer is already stretched thin due to problems, and they want more? Why are they jeopardizing this sale over $1,000 EXTRA? And in what world is the house now worth $1,000 more??

Anyone have any experience with this? The listing agent has a 3rd party working this, and they say the bank won't budge. I can't believe they would risk the entire thing over a BONUS $1,000.

Is this even legal/ethical?

HELP!

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you sure it's not a per diem rate?  You mean they want to charge a flat $1000?  I have never seen it before.  I've seen per diem rates add up but not anything like you are describing. 

I've got one chase file now with 6 short sale extensions and approvals.  Tell them to pound sand and you want to see something in writing from Chase demanding the $1000

It's a flat $1,000. Per the negotiating company "He would not give the extension without the $1,000 fee on the HUD".

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************