Is any familiar with SB 931 in CA?  I have a client with a 1st and 2nd loan with Chase (80/20) Purchase Money and never refinanced. Because both loans are purchase money, will my seller be protected from Chase persuing a D.J. on the 2nd  purchase money loan?  Thank you so much for your comments and help!!

You need to be a member of Short Sale Superstars to add comments!

Join Short Sale Superstars

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Kimberly,

I believe you nailed it!  Thanks so much for your reply!!

Kimberley Kelly said:

I believe it states that Sellers will have the same protection in a Short Sale as in a Foreclosure when it comes to deficiency pursuit.  That would mean a loan taken out to purchase a home, first trust deed.  When they were piggy back loans taken out to purchase a home, both loans should be protected.  Anyone else read it differently..please set me straight!  Thanks..
  • I believe it states that Sellers will have the same protection in a Short Sale as in a Foreclosure when it comes to deficiency pursuit.  That would mean a loan taken out to purchase a home, first trust deed.  When they were piggy back loans taken out to purchase a home, both loans should be protected.  Anyone else read it differently..please set me straight!  Thanks..
  • I read & re-read that bill. It clearly states that it applies only to 1st mortgages of residential 1-4 unit properties. They do not need to be owner occupied, and it does not need to be purchase money. I am attaching an outline of the bill. I hope that it helps.

SB 931.pdf

This reply was deleted.
********************************** like buttons ************************