Replies

• its probably that they will come after the agent if there is fraud that the agent was ivolved in i don't think they could legally come after the agent for any deficiency because the note is between the seller and the investor or note holder.
  • Mary Lou, can you put on your post exactly what the letter says?

Even if its a reference to 'arms length transaction', they (bank) would have to be able to prove it.

How much would that cost? How long would it take? Was there a violation of an actual law or just a bank policy?

Hmmm...I think banks are going to make alot more money with their new Debit card surcharges than attempting to pursue this nonsense.

• Seems Mary Lou has gone missing... or run away because of the approval letter.
  • Never. How could they. Were never the borrower
  • Guys,

Maybe someone can educate me as I'm still gathering information and learning about the real estate profession.  I'm going to ask a dummy question, wouldn't this issue be covered under errors and omission coverage?  Or, is Mary referring to criminal acts?  Errors and omission insurance seem to be a standard coverage in other professions.  Does real estate practice require this type of coverage?  Maybe Mary can add more details about this approval letter also.

• Richard, it may be covered in E&O providing that the agent has E&O to cover a short sale.  I wish Mary Lou would come back and clarify this statement.

If I were to venture a guess, she probably heard someone tell her that the banks are coming after agents as I have never seen an approval letter that stated any recourse to the agent.  Afterall, the contract is between buyer and seller and in my state I broker the transaction through transaction brokerage. 

Arms lenth is a whole different topic though

• Hi Mary Lou,

I think you need to provide the context in which this was said.  Otherwise all of us are putting in what we think a bank might have said.  Sounds like you have a lot of people interested in answering the question once all the data is provided. :)

• No, but if I do I will definitely have an attorney look at it before I sign it.
  • We have not once seen or heard of this being the case.

Mike Netzel

Keller Williams Realty Pittsburgh

• Good response from Steeler Nation!!!
This reply was deleted.
********************************** like buttons ************************