1) WHO pays the up to $10,000 in relo fees? fannie mae? the bank?  or? This makes a difference
when trying to negotiate a tight deal.

2) Is there a 'minimum net' rule in order to qualify?

2) Is it true Freddie Mac no longer participates in HAFA? That is what I was told by Freddie Mac
escalation dept. rep last week.

Here's some of the HAFA relocation qualification guidelines I found on a HAFA-related site:

You need to be a member of Short Sale Superstars to add comments!

Join Short Sale Superstars

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I also found the following info in a Calif. Association of Realtor article indicating not only does the money come from the government, but the lenders and servicers are given a $1,500 financial incentive for doing HAFA:
    Note: this article written before the 02/2015 relocation expense increase from $3,000 to $10,000:

"The government incentives under HAFA are as follows:

• $3,000 for relocation expenses to borrower, tenant or non-borrower occupant who occupies property as principal residence and is required to vacate as a condition of the HAFA short sale. $3000 is the total incentive no matter how many occupants.
    • $1,500 to lender/servicer to cover administrative and processing costs
    • $2 reimbursement to investor for every $3 paid to extinguish junior liens, up to $5,000 maximum."

Source: http://www.car.org/legal/foreclosure-short-sale-folder/hafa-short-s...
This reply was deleted.
********************************** like buttons ************************