I have a buyer that wants to rent the property from the seller while we are waiting for the short sale to be approved. Lender hasn't asked for an ALT affidavit to be signed yet but in the event they do, would this be considered a violation of that affidavit since there is a separate agreement between buyer and seller outside of the contract for sale and purchase? Thoughts?
I have a transaction that was supposed to close today. It's a HAFA transactiion. It's in the Equator system for closing today, but I cannot reach (for 5 days alreaaady) anybody. The buyer's down payment assistance and closing cost assistance expired yesterday, but we could close today. Her mortgage has been approved since last Thursday. She is s single mom with 3 kids and will be homeless. I have no phone number for the closing department at BofA, only email. What can I do to light a fire under them, who could I call?
Jeff, in regards to your EMC Short sale with MGIC as the MI company. You reported that the seller had to sign prom note for $14,500, $100 per month as per MGIC. My file is a 5/3 with freddie as the investor and MGIC for the PMI company. Got an offer of $102,000. Current balance of loan is $140,000 5/3 BPO came back at $86,000 which I knew was low. 5/3 said we need an offer of $86,000 to make this work because the negotiator thought we would not be able to get the home appraised. Also since the homeowner was making payments she would be required to make some sort of contribution. To minimize the deficiency we got the buyer to get their appraisal done now and it came back at $104,000 :). I told 5/3 to send the file in the $102,000 and that we would be able to close. I also asked her to put ion a good word for us since we were able to get them $16,000 more then their BPO allowed. Well they came back after 30 days with MGIC asking for $5000 cash from the seller and a $25000 prom note for 180 months.
Question? Did you counter MGIC and what did they counter back at? Sorry about the long post. BTW my clients hardship is that her home in Michigan and she move to Caroline with her soon to be husband. 5/3 called that a elective move, Guess Love is not what is used to be!! Thanks Mike
I am also a CDPE BUT do not use that designation. Calling yourself an expert is setting yourself up for a lawsuit. About a year ago I did contact Alex, the owner of CDPE and he said he was looking into changing the word "expert" to "Educator". I have not heard anything since then.
Have you heard about Indymac, that they wont even review or open your short sale package if you dont have 16 business days prior sale date?
I am also looking for a good fax number to send in short sale package?
Can you please share the fax number?
Thanks a lot!
Jeff, I'm already a member of REO Trans. It this this the same thing? I have been 2 1/2 months into the 2nd phase of a contract.....waiting for a 2nd bpo to come in to go to the 3rd phase. And the second negotiator. Any way I can speed it up?
Short Sale Superstars, LLC and www.ShortSaleSuperstars.com does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers, attorneys, real estate brokers and other participants listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs, blog entries and forums are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a short sale. Short Sale Superstars, LLC takes no responsibility for the content on these pages that are written by the members of this community.