"US BANK on EQUATOR?? .......
A realtor tells me she's uploading docs for US Bank via Equator. I've never known US Bank to use Equator. I thought perhaps it was HomePath, but she insists it's Equator. …"
"@Kathy / They do tend to move slower and they have strict underwriting guidelines for paperwork so make sure all I's are dotted and T's crossed to prevent any further delays. When everything moves smoothly they tend to be about 45-90 days…"
12) Q: If I suspect someone is violating RESPA, is there a phone number I can call to make a complaint to HUD?
A: We encourage anyone that suspects someone is potentially violating RESPA to contact us. You may either call…"
"Dean -- we do have a CFPB complaint filed. I am floored that upper management (apparently the directive came from a Sr. VP in their group) would instruct their low level managers to violate RESPA and demand that money be sent to them off…"
I have a buyer that wants to rent the property from the seller while we are waiting for the short sale to be approved. Lender hasn't asked for an ALT affidavit to be signed yet but in the event they do, would this be considered a violation of that affidavit since there is a separate agreement between buyer and seller outside of the contract for sale and purchase? Thoughts?
I have a transaction that was supposed to close today. It's a HAFA transactiion. It's in the Equator system for closing today, but I cannot reach (for 5 days alreaaady) anybody. The buyer's down payment assistance and closing cost assistance expired yesterday, but we could close today. Her mortgage has been approved since last Thursday. She is s single mom with 3 kids and will be homeless. I have no phone number for the closing department at BofA, only email. What can I do to light a fire under them, who could I call?
Jeff, in regards to your EMC Short sale with MGIC as the MI company. You reported that the seller had to sign prom note for $14,500, $100 per month as per MGIC. My file is a 5/3 with freddie as the investor and MGIC for the PMI company. Got an offer of $102,000. Current balance of loan is $140,000 5/3 BPO came back at $86,000 which I knew was low. 5/3 said we need an offer of $86,000 to make this work because the negotiator thought we would not be able to get the home appraised. Also since the homeowner was making payments she would be required to make some sort of contribution. To minimize the deficiency we got the buyer to get their appraisal done now and it came back at $104,000 :). I told 5/3 to send the file in the $102,000 and that we would be able to close. I also asked her to put ion a good word for us since we were able to get them $16,000 more then their BPO allowed. Well they came back after 30 days with MGIC asking for $5000 cash from the seller and a $25000 prom note for 180 months.
Question? Did you counter MGIC and what did they counter back at? Sorry about the long post. BTW my clients hardship is that her home in Michigan and she move to Caroline with her soon to be husband. 5/3 called that a elective move, Guess Love is not what is used to be!! Thanks Mike
Short Sale Superstars, LLC and www.ShortSaleSuperstars.com does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers, attorneys, real estate brokers and other participants listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs, blog entries and forums are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a short sale. Short Sale Superstars, LLC takes no responsibility for the content on these pages that are written by the members of this community.