I have an approval letter for a short sale on 2-27-13 the approval is until 4-26-13 then the bank put a sale date on the property on 4-18-13. I called to try an get the sale date postponed and they are telling me they will not postpone the sale date just because I have an approval letter. Any suggestion on how I can get the sale date postponed so I can sell the property. The buyers have already paid for appraisal, home inspection and the demand for two HOA's for a total of approx. $1,500. I think this is pretty bad of Wells Fargo.
"ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED"
Linda, refer to the foreclosure document. Fax your offer along with the approval letter to the trustee sales office it's usually the attorney. That always helped me in the past.
Bypass the cookie cutter staff within WF.
I will fax that info to the Trustee.
I'm on Google and I'm not sure what type of QWR that needs to be send this is a sample I copied is this what your referring to ??? Thanks, Linda
Who is the Investor?
He was with Specialized Loan servicing and now it's Wells Fargo, I believe the investor is Mortgage Back Securities.
The approval date was 3-27-13 not 2-27-13, they are not even giving him 1 month of an escrow in order to close the property, I called the Corporate offices in which she has escalated to the Realtor short sale dept. and I'm suppose to hear from them within 24 to 48 hrs, from Friday 4-12-13. I really do think they will do anything. I've been doing short sales now for the past 3 - 4 yrs. and I've have much success with Wells and BofA and them extending out the sale dates especially with an approval letter.
Is this HAFA?
Yes it is a HAFA.
5 Protections Against Unnecessary Foreclosure
Pursuant to the servicer’s HAFA Policy, every potentially eligible borrower must be considered for
HAFA before the borrower’s loan is referred to foreclosure or the servicer allows a pending
foreclosure sale to be conducted. At the servicer’s discretion, the servicer may initiate
foreclosure or continue with an existing foreclosure proceeding during the HAFA process, but
may not complete a foreclosure sale:
While determining the borrower’s eligibility and qualification for HAFA.
Until a date that is 5 business days after the date that the servicer sends the notice under
Section 4.2 that a HAFA short sale or DIL is not available.
While awaiting the timely return of a fully executed SSA.
During the term of a fully executed SSA.
Pending transfer of property ownership based on an approved sales contract per the
RASS or Alternative RASS.
Pending transfer of property ownership via a DIL by the date specified in the SSA or DIL
Until the servicer has resolved the Escalated Case in accordance with Section 3 of
I went to the link you provided and I can't locate the page the info. is on, is there a phone # I can call HAFA and let them know what Wells is doing or do I need to bring this to Wells Fargo's attention at the Corporate Offices?
I appreciate all your help with this.