Ocwen claims Freddie Mac demands offer for $400,000 on property with BPO value of $303,000

I have been working this short sale file since July last year.  The short sale is based on a PCS order (California to Florida).  The borrowers were current on their loan.  Property listed for $300,000 and short sale approved for $300,000.  The file had to go to investor (Freddie Mac) because borrowers were current and Ocwen did not have delegated approval authority.  Service members who need to sell due to PCS do not need to show financial hardship and being delinquent is not a short sale requirement.  If the borrower is current, the file just needs to go to the investor.  Was supposed to close in November, but could not close because appraisal came in at $270,000 and negotiator claimed that investor would not take less because the loan was current.  Was also told that we needed to close by mid November, because BPO allegedly expired mid November (wrong info as well).  We got a new offer.  Again for $300,000.  File was ready to go to investor for approval early December.  Then file was transferred out of Equator and sent to Ocwen's SS department.  This was not a change of servicing companies because Ocwen was the servicer from the beginning.  It was just an internal transfer.  Ocwen acknowledged that they received the file from Equator late December.  Told us we needed to resubmit new package.  We resubmitted new package mid January.  Then I was told again that we needed to resubmit whole new package because their forms had changed.  We resubmitted whole new package in February.  File was submitted to investor for approval around 2/21/2014.  Freddie Mac asks Ocwen for updated BPO on 2/25.  It takes Ocwen 4.5 weeks to order the new BPO (despite of numerous calls to Ocwen and escalation of file).  BPO value comes back at $303,000.  Client is told that offer had expired late January (total nonsense - agreement never expired) and that a new offer for $303,000 was needed.  I call shortly after client had called (not knowing that client had spoken to Ocwen already) and I am told that the file was still in review.  Nothing about new offer needed.  Client tells me what she has been told.  I call Ocwen back and now they are telling me that client was told the wrong thing.  Instead, I am told that Freddie Mac requires a new offer closer to $400,000  (if we could get a $400,000 we would not have a short sale).  I am told that we will eventually receive something in writing, just not now.  They are not countering our $300,000 offer.  They are just telling us to get an offer closer to $400,000.  Really???  I am also told that Freddie Mac does not base its decision on the BPO value.  They are going by how much is owed.  Really???  Are they all crazy?

Views: 84

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************