Never received 1099-C from BOA, Never closed out our short sale from over a year ago!

After many, many frustrating calls to BOA we still have no 1099.
They admitted finally that they never finished the close out paper work from the short sale of our home last year!(one full year) All I ever get is we will "ESCALATE" to someone or another. I have had this "ESCALATED" 4 times in the past 4 weeks.
Just today I was told by the customer service rep that the previous one had not sent the proper email fomat and I had to start all over again. This is ridiculous, it is impossible to get an anwser from this company.
No one ever has called back.
Typical call is Customer service saying I have to talk to Short sale dept and then short sale dept blaming customer service for the problem.
I have had it with BOA, all they do is lie, no one ever returns a call never does thier job and we are left hanging.
Anyone have a suggestion to try? I have spent sooooooooo many hours on the phone and still all they say is sorry but all we can do is "ESCALATE" to someone else.
I need to file our taxes and Will have to take my best guess at this point.

I did have to laugh when I read the story today about the guy that BOA has declared dead and can't get a mortgage now, He is quite alive and been one of thier customers for 20 yrs!! After he managed to get the media on thier case they called him and told him they would "ESCALATE" it to get the problem fixed! LOL What chance do I have if a guy that they claim is dead and proved he's not but they still won't help him, Guess I'll be waiting awhile....................

Views: 766

Replies to This Discussion

Try the twitter route...@bofa_help they have helped me with every file and got them moving. They stay on the file till there is adequate proof that it's getting somewhere.

I just was out of ideas yesterday and someone from this group suggested the @bofa_help - I tweeted them with the property address, my contact information and was called within an hour. The BofA person reviewed the deal with me and told me to expect the bank to call me back probably yesterday. They did, my deal is approved and I was on the phone while they were working up the approval letter. Un......believable.

Good luck to you.

You can try the office of the president, they are a little better at dealing with legal/political issues.  But remember, these are the people who tried to foreclose on a couple where they didn't have a mortgage - I'm sure they went through many hours of frustration - after all, what dumb bank could do that? They finally sued - the judge awarded them compensation - paying their expenses. BOA ignored the court order until the couple brought a deputy and moving van and started taking equipment out of their local BOA office - that is when the manager found a way to hand them a check.

Now that the worst of your expectation is set, and you have spent a great deal of time assuming that they are reasonable sane people (I guess it isn't their fault, no one makes them be responsible, so they flaunt..) You probably will save headache by "escalating". Someone just posted this - I know OCC is a force.. http://www.endingforeclosures.com/bank-and-mortgage-company-help-an....

Also, they jacked you around, maybe they did so with the loan, too.  google something like "QWR letter" and look at a couple of those.  The bank lawyers don't like seeing these and slam hard when they see one (they don't want them to catch on), so don't expect them to just roll over, however, since you are asking for so little, it will let them know that you are ticked and maybe they could do 20 minutes of work to handle their legal obligation for you.

Let us know how things go.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************