So this "saga" started in January 2010.  This was a BofA 1st and an SLS 2nd.  I could write a novel on this one but I won't.  Here are the highlights;

1/2010 listed at $499K (Seller adjusted price down to $385K during the listing)

3/2010 Offer #1 $430K - BofA counter at $502K - Buyer walked

6/2010 Offer #2 $400K - BofA counter at $602K - Buyer walked

9/2010 Offer #3 $390K - BofA counter at $625K - Buyer walked

1/2011 Offer #4 at $360K - BofA counter at $430K - Buyer walked

2/2011 Offer #5 at $360K - BofA counter at $440K - Buyer walked

6/2011 Offer #6 at $355K - BofA issues "Declined, Offer too Low" - Buyer walked

9/2011 Offer #7 $413K - BofA issues "Declined, Offer too Low" - Buyer walked

11/2011 Offer #8 $375K - BofA issues "Declined, Offer too Low" - Buyer walked

12/2011 Offer #9 $385K - BofA counters at $395K - Inspections Fail - Buyer walked

03/2012 Offer #10 $385K - Offer accepted and approval letter issued - SLS wants $9,000 more than BofA will provide - they will not waiver - Buyer will not pay the extra $ and the property failed multiple inspections - Buyer walks.

05/2012 Offer #11 $335K - Offer accepted - same issue with SLS, Buyer pays $9,000 to SLS on the HUD.

08/1/2012 Transaction closed

So, after 926 days, 11 offers, 10 Buyers walking away, BofA finally closed on an offer that was 22% lower than the orginal offer of 2.5 years ago and 22% lower than their lowest counter of 1.5 years ago!  BofA has had to pay taxes and City Fines for "lack of upkeep" during this time.  BTW, the property was vacated 2+ years ago with no utilities the entire time.  This property also failed inspections

Although I love working with BofA, I just don't get the logic on this one.

And, SLS was not the easiest people to work with.

Views: 172

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats!! Kudos on the perseverance.

It may have been an original CW loan and there is no logic for those.

Good job! Enjoy the payday...you certainly earned it by sticking with it and keeping the faith :)

Congratulations, Thom!  I had a similar one but not as many rounds as yours.  I don't even want to try to remember how much lower it ended up with comparing to the first all cash offer. 

Good thing is BofA has improved a lot since then.  Probably why yours was finally approved. 

Great Job on getting it done! 

Sylvia

I find this intresting, here in AZ I had a BOFA one loan offer at 179,00 apprasial at 182,000 and BOFA countered at 160,000

I was floored...........it doesn't help hour comps, so i put it public remraks for others to see        

az realtor help

You had me going, Thom, until you said you like working with the DMV..uh..BofA.. and then used the word "logic" in the same sentence. Oh you kidder...  Well, I haven't gotten to 1/2 your number of buyers - yet, got 1 working on it.. maybe.. I do get sellers who just say "forget it" after a while.

Can you imagine how all that BofA resource would be used if this made money for them and they actually wanted to do short sales? What if they actually looked at the history of properties to see this same patterm (and many of mine fit the same "you could have gotten 20% more with the buyer a year ago") and decided to try to maximize payout for their boss the investor? Actually do the job they are contracted to do. It would be amazing. They would ask for the authorization only instead of 10 documents before letting you talk to them (say as they did 2 yrs ago), they'd leave a reasonable amount of time for a buyer to respond to an absurd BofA counter of 50% over market - instead of 3 calendar days starting Thursday night (like they did 6 months ago), and on and on.

Wow, 10 buyers - do you own stock in Tums?

[I suspect that there is a BofA Gollum in the bowels of corporate swearing at you for getting this one through the maze - where is My Precious????]

lol

And, by the way, this started as a Traditional Short Sale, changed to HAFA by BofA, then to Co-op with DTS, back to Traditional, then to HAFA again, and closed as HAFA..........  my brain hurts :-)

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************