Can someone explain Titanium Solutions? Are they a 3rd party negotiator or are they just giving leads to Realtors in their area then taking part of the commission? What's the scoop? Is anyone getting listings as a titanium solutions consultant? If so, how many a month? and how much do they pay? How does it work? One of their consultants called on one of my clients and said she was hired by her lender and that she was not a realtor. I looked her up she is a realtor. That is an ethics violation here if you do not disclose that you are a realtor.

Views: 1246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Leslie, WoW, i'm not sure if you are reading the posts made by PROFESSIONALS who conduct themselves as such and who know the REAL way to do an assignment with TS. Please don't let one HRC who possibly harassed your clients skew your view on how TS or the other professionals who work with them.

We just said that we don't hide the fact that we are licensed Realtors nor should we ever feel the need to do so. We have a timeframs to make contact with a borrower who has not been in contact with the lender and that's what were hired to do. In fact we are given instructions that if someone is hostile, angry, or anything else that would prevent us from helping them make contact with the servicer we simply update TS and mention 'No contact" or whatever other notes we can to describe the situation and MOVE ON. No harm no foul! That's it!!

I'm no sure what your talking about when you say "It's difficult enough for agents working a short sale, without finding that companies who are interjecting themselves into the process for their own financial gain are hiring Realtors to make that public connection" I myself am a short sale professional. I conduct myself as such and LOVE helping people understand there options. That's my mission, dream and goal. Whatever I can do to reach more people to help convey that there is help and foreclosure is not the answer I will.

So I don't know what additional strain that process is causing them. If in fact you are dealing with an HRC who is unethical then like everyone has said please report him and let TS know. PLEASE remeber it's the borrowers (your clients) lender who hired TS!! They just didnt find his name off the internet and call us to go bother them.

Titanium was notified in writing, certified return receipt requested, by my clients to stop all further contact.  Clients have the mailings, records of phone calls received, and letter on the door, and record of calls that began the next day and forwarded that info to their attorney.

Thank you, Stella and Steele for clarification on how Titanium is supposed to work.  From my clients' case and from the comments I responded to, it appears that's not happening.

"You are missing the point. This isn't about someone trying to get my clients. This isn't about a company trying to be of so-called service to them.  You are a Realtor who is contacting the public and not identifying yourself as a Realtor in your dealings with them.  It's difficult enough for agents working a short sale, without finding that companies who are interjecting themselves into the process for their own financial gain are hiring Realtors to make that public connection."

We haven't missed the point at all, Leslie.  It has been acknowleged by several of us that what you are describing is wrong and is also not TS procedure.  And your constant generalizing is starting to get offensive.  This is not something that HRC do on a regular basis.  We do identify ourselves as real estate agents/Realtors.  If someone doesn't they are violating not just COE but state statutes (note that not all states have this requirement).

But let me address your further comments about the contact your client has with the lender.  This points to one of the problems seen with many lenders and that is that short sale departments and foreclosure departments can be working on the same file/borrower and have no idea what the other department is doing.  I have worked with bank owned properties for some 18 years and see it all the time.  Probably the biggest reason for lack of communications is that most preforeclosure and foreclosure work is outsourced to third party companies (Titanium Solutions for preforeclosures and asset management companies for an actual foreclosure).  Short sale departments and loan modification may still be at the lender but are in different divisions.  Even so, it is common that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

TS can only act if hired by the lender to contact a specific party.  The department that orders this may very well not know a short sale is in progress.  And even it it does, the bank may still want to open communications between this department and the borrower.  So yes, your client may be constantly in contact with "the bank".  But in reality they are in constant contact with one specific part of the bank.  And sadly communications between departments are not known for being that great.

So TS is not selling a bill of goods.  They have been hired to do a specific job.  Establish contact between the borrower and a specific department. 

But as Stella is pointing out it seems your local HRC is violating the terms of the assignment.

And that would be very frustrating and I would let Titanium Soluctions know.

Leslie, your newest reply came in while I was writing my latest rant.  So I apologize as you have acknowledged that this problem lies with a local HRC not following the rules.

One thought, however.  If there is a department wanting communications with your clients it might not be a bad idea to hear them out.  So my question is if this ever happened. 

Very good discussion guys. Thanks to all for keeping it civil. Always remember to debate the topic but resection the writer. That's all I ask. Or I'll smite you :) yes the power to smite is awesome.
Darn iPhone!! That's RESPECT not resection :)

Bryant Tutas said:
Very good discussion guys. Thanks to all for keeping it civil. Always remember to debate the topic but resection the writer. That's all I ask. Or I'll smite you :) yes the power to smite is awesome.
Steele, thanks for your apology. I know all of our comments are being written at the same time and are not always posting in the order that makes sense of the comments. Contact has been made with all departments within BOA. I believe the real problem is that the lenders are constantly swapping out negotiators and other employees in the middle of the short sale process so there is not a continuing chain of knowledge.  This might be where misinformation is being sent out to companies such as Titanium.
Also, even the departments we are working with at BOA such as those handling the HAFA application are still sending my clients HAFA applications to complete as if it hasn't already been completed and approved by BOA. It's been an incredibly frustrating experience for the sellers, the buyers and the agents.
Leslie,

It is my understanding that Titanium Solutions contracts with individuals and companies who they believe will best represent their client. Clearly, the Client's goal is to mitigate losses. Be mindful that their client is NOT the consumer. Their client is the investor. The fact that they choose licensed Real Estate Brokers to fill the role of HRC is a business strategy that to me, seems to fit the need of today's distressed market.

Leslie Neiss said:

You are missing the point. This isn't about someone trying to get my clients. This isn't about a company trying to be of so-called service to them.  You are a Realtor who is contacting the public and not identifying yourself as a Realtor in your dealings with them.  It's difficult enough for agents working a short sale, without finding that companies who are interjecting themselves into the process for their own financial gain are hiring Realtors to make that public connection.

FYI, my clients are represented by attorneys and asset managers who are dealing with the lender on a daily basis. There's plenty of communication going on. My clients aren't "dodging phone calls" and my clients' "status" is clear to all the parties that matter.

You are being sold a bunch of BS from Titanium. And you are putting your Realtor license at risk.

Don't waste your time with these guys! Completely incompetent on the negotiating side of short sales!

They will be cheerleaders to you in the beginning and pump you up about how they will help you help others; but all they want is somebody to go out and do the grunt work for very little in return.

Bill,

How long did you work for Titantium and over what time line?
You have made your point clear! If you don't like their ideas, then DON'T bother working with them. Your thoughts are appreciated, however. Speak your opinion on a subject and move on. It's like Glen Beck, really. Here is the information, so, you can make up your own mind! Hounding someone for "missing the point" is not what we are hear to talk about.

Leslie Neiss said:

You are missing the point. This isn't about someone trying to get my clients. This isn't about a company trying to be of so-called service to them.  You are a Realtor who is contacting the public and not identifying yourself as a Realtor in your dealings with them.  It's difficult enough for agents working a short sale, without finding that companies who are interjecting themselves into the process for their own financial gain are hiring Realtors to make that public connection.

FYI, my clients are represented by attorneys and asset managers who are dealing with the lender on a daily basis. There's plenty of communication going on. My clients aren't "dodging phone calls" and my clients' "status" is clear to all the parties that matter.

You are being sold a bunch of BS from Titanium. And you are putting your Realtor license at risk.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************