I have a friend/client that would like to do a short sale. However, this client has strong income. He can certainly afford all of his monthly payments. He owns two lots that are upside down by about 70% and would like out. Is it possible to work him a better deal like splitting the deficeincy with the bank or a long term promissory note at a low rate? Is this worth pursuing or is it a waste of time? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Views: 1267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm having a hard time following the "moral" argument of a strategic short sale. Lots of banks say one thing and do another. I've closed my fair share of strategic short sales as well. A seller doesn't have to pretend or make up a hardship to do a short sale. There is no lying or unethical behavior involved. We give the bank the seller's tax returns, bank statements, payroll stubs and we ask for the short sale. Sometimes we offer the bank an incentive. I tell the sellers' story in a compelling manner.

Most banks want to do a short sale as badly as the sellers want to do a short sale. Hardships enter into that equation but they are not the be all and end all of short sales. You don't necessarily need a hardship to do a short sale.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************