SC Homeowner, What are the options

I got this question from a homeowner who had to find employment in North Carolina after South Carolina job disappeared.  They have been renting home in SC for $400.00 less per month than mortgage, supplimenting the balance.

He is under the impression he can't get his FHA loan refinanced/motified since its' not owner occupied. Thinks it will appraise for less than loan balance.

Thinking of walking but we're looking for options.

Any suggestions?

You need to be a member of Short Sale Superstars to add comments!

Join Short Sale Superstars

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the input

Smitty said:
    I believe it does need to be owner occupied to qualify for a loan modification. No need to walk. He could likely pursue a short sale and his hardship is he can't afford rent and mortgage, as he had to move for work.
  • Thank you for responding..Homer

Marty Hackworth said:
    I agree with Smitty, still options and a work re-location is a real hardship. Unfortunately, no HAMP of HAFA since the residence is not owner occupied. Definitely not a good idea to just let it go, I've read recent articles from Fannie and Freddie stating there will be consequences for what they feel to be strategic defaults.
  • I agree with Smitty, still options and a work re-location is a real hardship. Unfortunately, no HAMP of HAFA since the residence is not owner occupied. Definitely not a good idea to just let it go, I've read recent articles from Fannie and Freddie stating there will be consequences for what they feel to be strategic defaults.
  • I believe it does need to be owner occupied to qualify for a loan modification. No need to walk. He could likely pursue a short sale and his hardship is he can't afford rent and mortgage, as he had to move for work.
This reply was deleted.
********************************** like buttons ************************