Is anyone sending these out after closing a short sale?  What do you think about being specific regarding the house address? Leave the house number out? Does it matter?

Views: 398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Most likely the neighbors already know that it was a short sale.  Why not just say just sold, and maybe make note of being able to help if they need help.  
I have ceased all mailers for the last few years because I have found that people who are in a short sale situation really dont like to check their mail not to mention read their mail.  Too many bills and debt collectors and most of the time it goes into the trash. 

How about a sign out front with permission of the buyer that says "Another successful sale by Nedy Blanchard"  or "Ask how Nedy can sell your home"  "Another happy seller, courtesy of Nedy"

I have 4 closings in one neighborhood this month and will have alot of sings in the yard.

Jeff, I would love to see you sing in the yard of a closed listing!  have 4 closings in one neighborhood this month and will have alot of sings in the yard.(I think we all sing when a deal closes!, just not in the yard!) I guess you would attract a lot of attention! and more listings! Any particular song you suggest?

Thanks for the chuckle!!!! (just kidding!)

Nedy... Just sold cards was one of the bigest marketing tools that produced a good return for me! If I were to reccomend one marketing tool, this is what I would suggest... and still will.... "Just Sold Cards". We need always to think of short sales as an old fashion traditional sale!  "Just Sold"  123 Street! Call Nedy Blanchard for all your real estate needs! I wouldnt mention that it was a short sale! You may come across a traditional seller! (you would not want them to eliminate you because "they are not short selling!" . Dont confuse a "Just Sold" , with a "Short Sale" Marketing card!

Beverly I might just do that !!!  You never know.  I have 3 closing on the same street within a day of each other next week, I may be singing in the streets.  I do have signs that say, "Another home sold by The Payne Group" and having 3 or four of those on one street is attention getting!

Beverly, what was your ROI on post cards?  I have found that post cards will take 9 months to a year to really start working and found that the conversion rate was 2%. Meaning that if I mailed 200 post cards everymonth for a year I would close 4 deals.  At  50 cents per post card that would be $1200 per year to close 4 transactions at $4000 per transaction.  Great ROI.  BUT, you knew there would be a BUT :), I found that if I concentrated my efforts on those that I know and those that I have done business with, friends, family, past clients, CPA, insurance agent, financial advisor, lender, home inspector etc, the conversion rate is much higher, actually for every 12 of these people that I regularly talk to about real estate, I would end up with at least 2 closed transactions.  I found that post cards were more like "Ready, fire, aim" and working with people that I know was more like "ready, aim, fire"  I started to see that I didnt have to work with strangers and follow Mike Mahers 7 Levels of Communication. 
Beverly Cibulsky said:

Jeff, I would love to see you sing in the yard of a closed listing!  have 4 closings in one neighborhood this month and will have alot of sings in the yard.(I think we all sing when a deal closes!, just not in the yard!) I guess you would attract a lot of attention! and more listings! Any particular song you suggest?

Thanks for the chuckle!!!! (just kidding!)

Nedy... Just sold cards was one of the bigest marketing tools that produced a good return for me! If I were to reccomend one marketing tool, this is what I would suggest... and still will.... "Just Sold Cards". We need always to think of short sales as an old fashion traditional sale!  "Just Sold"  123 Street! Call Nedy Blanchard for all your real estate needs! I wouldnt mention that it was a short sale! You may come across a traditional seller! (you would not want them to eliminate you because "they are not short selling!" . Dont confuse a "Just Sold" , with a "Short Sale" Marketing card!

Great feedback Jeff and Beverly.  I am going to send the postcards and may try to see if the buyer will let me put a sign in the yard.  On a funny note...I don't think I could sing.  :)

I think I'll pick a neighborhood and go sing in the street..... of course they may evacuate the neighborhood or take me to the "pound" if I were to do that !

But seriously, great info and congrats to Jeff on all the closings next week !!

Thom Colby

Hi all,

I just have to say, this site is just amazing...I can't believe I just now found it, and I've been doing short sales almost exclusively for the past 12 months or so.

Jeff, do you care to share some specific ideas on how you have made contact with attorneys, CPA's, etc.?  Did you grab a database of names and send them mailings or specifically target certain ones?  Certain types of mailings?

Thanks!

What do you guys think of postcards with JUST SOLD and a few properties that were short sales and then a big "Avoided Foreclosure!" on front??

Is it too in their face if they are at a 90 day late mark? 

Smitty, my take on postcards is that most likely they are not reading their mail because they are throwing it in the trash because they dont want to deal with bill collectors.  Post cards effectiveness is in direct relation to the amount of time that you spend sending them.  It takes month after month for them to be effective and the conversion rate is typically 2%. 

You would probably spend less time by just calling them and talking to them, with care and concern for them OR knocking on their door.  The conversion rate is MUCH higher when you deal face to face or directly with people as opposed to mailers.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Brett Goldsmith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************