Has anyone heard about the New HAFA guideline about giving $8,500 to Junior Liens?

I'm trying to close a short sale where the First Lien holder is Chase and the 2nd is GMAC.

The same short sale was approved by both lenders in June, but unfortunately we needed an extension.

The amount agreed to release the 2nd, was $2,500. Chase has already given us the extension, but GMAC will not release anything unless we agree to give them the $8,500.

Views: 519

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, HAFA changed June 1st from $6000 to $8500 - but only on new submission (after June 1st).  I don't understand why Chase wouldn't do HAFA - did you submit as HAFA?  Did they decline the HAFA program for your sellers?

According to Chase they are doing HAFA. Since they already gave me an extension, I'm afraid they will not give me an updated approval if we ask for the remaining 6k to the 2nd.

Why are they not doing HAFA?

According to them they are doing HAFA. On the pre-HUD even shows 3k to seller 

Ann - are you sure this is a Treasury HAFA? As you probably are aware, there is the Tresaury HAFA and the Fannie or Freddie HAFA programs. It is my understanding that only the Treasury HAFA revised the 2nd lien holder contribution up to $8500. Both Fannie and Freddie I bleive are still up to $6000 based on 6% of the loan amount.

Is there a foreclosure date on the property?

Anyone deal with Ocwen - Have two liens total $12000 the bank will only pay $7,000. Plus the property is scheduled for foreclosure - so if all parties don't participate in the contribution, no one will win.  Does anyone know a good phone number (and not the call center) that I can talk to. They are like talking to the wall.

Thank you all for your help. Since we got the buyer to pay 45k for a property evaluated at 80k,  he has agreed to pay the remaining 5k, we closed last Friday and the seller walked with 20k incentive from Chase.  I am really proud of my negotiations team at Crown Loss Mitigation. For more information on how Crown can help with your negotiation check ou our facebook page: facebook.com/CrownLM.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Short Sale Superstars LLC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************