My husband is active duty, we used the PCS orders hardship that came out in August 2012.  Today, FM denied our short sale request based on the orders- no explanation, but the bank had warned us that our orders were 'too old' and may be denied.  The orders were from July 2010, the regulation came out in August 2012, and we've been trying to sell the house since June 2010.  Our first offer EVER came this spring, May 2013.

I'm waiting for a more lengthy explanation from FM, and have a call in to them.  My bank does not know any more.  FM sent their response back to the bank with a deed in lieu of foreclosure application for us since all of our payments have been on time.

We're not doing a Deed in lieu of, and I'm confused by the denial.  I've heard of other people doing short sales while maintaining payments so that they don't completely ruin their credit.  

Can anyone shed light on the situation or offer helpful hints?  My husband is deployed, and I'm handling this on my own.  I am willing to contribute, but nothing was asked of us to contribute, just denied.

You need to be a member of Short Sale Superstars to add comments!

Join Short Sale Superstars

Email me when people reply –
********************************** like buttons ************************