Can anybody provide an escalation contact at FHA? Since we received the ATP and minimum net of $264K (our purchase price is $300K), the well at subject property tested dry, and there is no other water source. Buyer is willing to stay in but at a purchase price of $250,000. Remarketing this property would likely yield $180K at the very most, and would not be financeable without water. I need someone who will listen to reason. Please help if you can! Thanks!

You need to be a member of Short Sale Superstars to add comments!

Join Short Sale Superstars

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I spoke to HUD today and got what I hope is good advice. Please chime in if you will. I was told that we will need to resubmit the short sale package to Wells Fargo in order to reapply for loss mitigation which will trigger them to order a new appraisal. The good thing is I now have a name and number of someone at HUD who is interested in helping, and she has said to call her if I get resistance from Wells Fargo.

• This may be not possible, but I believe the seller is entitled to a copy of the appraisal for an FHA short sale.  Why don't you get a copy, call the appraiser and have him recertify and send in the appraisal with the new info about the well? 

Bryant correct me if I'm wrong.  I have in the back of my mind FHA short sale sellers can get a copy of their appraisals, although I've never attempted it.  FHA short sales are only about 15-18% of our overall short sale business.

• Smitty, a short sale negotiator I work with says that the seller is not entitled to a copy of the appraisal. Thanks for your input...I really appreciate all the ideas!

• Provide a copy of the appraisal to the homeowner, sales agent, or HUD, upon request. 

portal.hud.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=DOC...doc

I think you need a new short sale negotiator.  I don't believe that information is accurate at all. Please see the HUD link attached and scroll to page 8
  • FHA National Servicing Center 

(877) 622-8525 Customer Service

(469) 674-4451 Fax

customerservice@deval.us

301 NW 6th Street, Suite 200
    Oklahoma City, OK 73102
    National Servicing Center:

• Thanks Bryan.
This reply was deleted.
********************************** like buttons ************************