What is up with BofA taping a notice that a home is vacant on the front door? 

I am constantly pulling this notice off my listings. 

Yesterday had to take the cake though.  I was driving by one of my listings where we are scheduled to close next week.  I know the tenants had movers scheduled for THAT DAY, and as I drove by in the early evening I notice one of those vacancy notifications is taped to the front door.  Are you serious? 

What are they stalking homes now?

They know the home is a short sale and in escrow.  There is no notice of default even filed on the property and they come around and tape a vacancy notice on the front door the DAY the tenant moves out?  This is ridiculous and dangerous. 

Why serve it up on a platter for people who are up to no good?  Folks looking for a house to crash should at least have to get out of their car and hunt around a bit, like the BofA house stalkers.

Views: 2427

Replies to This Discussion

One thing many of us forget is that the lender has the right to protect the property - it's clearly spelled out in the Deed of Trust / Note.  That's why they are doing it.

Agreed they do have the right to protect the property but that is if the property is at risk such as abandoned. 

In fact that's one of the things the rep stated to me which I forgot to mention.  So I told her the property is NOT abandoned which she stated she would note in the record so their preservation company would be notified.

That's very interesting. 

I think these notices should be banned by local ordinance. 

They are such a bad idea, but I'm shocked that the banks don't understand that too.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by Brett Goldsmith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

********************************** like buttons ************************