Replies

• Two Huds is the way to go. Smitty is spot on.
    • Totally disagree. I've never used 2 HUDs and have never had an issue getting agreements from the lenders involved. but hey...I can sell ice to an Eskimo too :)

• Bryant, I just scored big with doing this.  Literally had WF want $172,000 NET on a HUD and I originally offered them $164000 net.  HSBC second position.  I offered them $8000 of a $130000 note.  They originally approved $13000 (second lien position)  second time around approved $8000.  WF was ok to pay out $12500 to HSBC, but now, I got them $5000 extra, PLUS I found $3000 from taxes that weren't due we originally thought were.  WF kept cutting commission to 5% but because of the extra I got from HSBC from doing the two HUDS,  my Realtors got their full 6%...no need to cut.

Works great.  Not every time, but when it does, it's well worth the attempt.

• Hi Smitty. Its just a matter of having different styles. I've just never felt a need to use 2 HUDs. Maybe its because I'm old and need to keep things very simple. I get confused easily :)

• LOL.. Bryant, you're not THAT old, and trust me, I get confused easily too...Comes from having too much of a chaotic lifestyle. 

• I only use two HUD's on deals with large HELOC 2nds, and NEVER on a Freddie deal, unless you want a friendly visit from their fraud investigators.

• Joseph, please don't tout the "fraud" card here.  I've already explained, all my huds are prelim.(only if I don't have time to wait due to an auction, will I submit a prelim HUD without attorney reveiw)  ALL my final HUDS are either done by title co or attorney. 

Two HUDS is a strategy for me to poke the lenders to get an idea of what they'll bite at for a NET.

• In section 500 you have a NET payout to the first lienholder, and then usually a line above or below that line with what you are offering the second lien holder (typically 10% of what is owed).  (Unless you're me and you do separate HUDS for each lien holder, but I'm not going to get into that)

• Smitty is there a reason why you would do 2 Huds and not just one? Should I assume you had issues with a 2nd lien holder wanting more because they saw what the first one was getting? Just wondering for future reference.

Thank you

• Yes there is a reason.  I do two because second lien holders are notorious for asking more than the traditional 10%.  So I literally tell the 2nd they are only getting about 5% of the note balance, and I HUD the first lien holder to show that they are to pay the second 20% or more.  Usually when one approves I have more negotiation leverage with the other.  Final HUDS are prepared by title attorneys or agents and they usually go off my figures.

This reply was deleted.
********************************** like buttons ************************